Wrong price displayed on product page when using combinations after upgrade to 1.4.3

After upgrading from 1.2.5 to 1.4.3 the price on the product page is displayed wrong when using combinations.

Instead of showing price + VAT, it shows price including VAT ie instead of 100 + VAT it shows 100 incl. VAT.
When the item is sent to the cart, the price is correct.

Products with no combinations show the correct price.

Upgrading to 1.3.7 the prices display correctly, so the problem lies with the 1.4. version.

Any help gratefully received. :smirk:

Not solved, but a step forward.

Having spent a great deal of time searching the forum for a clue to solving this problem, I came across this post:
Click here

Exactly the same problem (it is not uncommon from what I've seen on the forum) but the most strange thing is the difference in the source from FF and Firebug as seen in the screenshots.

I too have edited the customer default group setting which then shows the correct price incl vat, not an ideal solution but a workaround that will allow the upgrade to move forward.
I would prefer to have both tax exclusive and inclusive prices showing but have already lost a week and a half trying to sort out this issue.

If anyone can figure out why this price display problem is happening, it will make many people happy, me included.