Exclude products or categories from group discount?

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a shop for a client of mine, using Prestashop 1.4 (excellent software!).
They have 3 different groups for their customers;

Default Group - Retail Customers,
Group 2 - Account Customer with 15% discount,
Group 3 - Account Customer with 25% discount,

This is not a problem to setup BUT, some of there products are retail price to ALL customers and groups.

Is there a way to apply the group discount to all but a few selected products and the few selected products then show the RRP?

I did think about going through every single product and adding two price rules (for group2 and group3) which seems to work well enough for me. Just thought I would check if there is any other alternative?

Many thanks for help you can offer :D

• 3 years later...

I figured this out:

Step 1:  CATALOG>CATEGORIES: Create a new Category"Non Discounted Products" and uncheck Displayed

Step 2: CUSTOMERS>GROUPS:  Each discount group must be edited; Click on "Add a category discount" and select "Non Discounted Products" and leave the discount at 0.00%.

Step 3: CATALOG>PRODUCTS: Edit Product Associations:  Add "Non Discounted Products".  IMPORTANT! Default category must be "Non Discounted Products"

You should be good.

Edited by pindesign (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/5/2014 at 1:20 AM, pindesign said:

I figured this out:

Step 1:  CATALOG>CATEGORIES: Create a new Category"Non Discounted Products" and uncheck Displayed

Step 2: CUSTOMERS>GROUPS:  Each discount group must be edited; Click on "Add a category discount" and select "Non Discounted Products" and leave the discount at 0.00%.

Step 3: CATALOG>PRODUCTS: Edit Product Associations:  Add "Non Discounted Products".  IMPORTANT! Default category must be "Non Discounted Products"

You should be good.

I need a solution for this too.

The above suggestion works only if you don't care about keeping the same url of the product. Otherwise, by selecting "Non Discounted Product" as default category the product url will automatically change to .../Non Discounted Products/product

I'll look for another solution because changing the url of my products is not an option, as it will affect SEO.

Edited by Coloranti (see edit history)

To me, the best solution for this is adding catalog price rules.

Go to Price rules/Catalog price rules and add the name of the rule, the group of customers, the discount amount/percentage and the desired category of products, then add conditions that apply to this rule. Save and you're done.

This will not change the url's of your products and allow the selection based on various conditions.

Working great for me.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I need solution for same problem, i what to exclude one product category from group discounts.

I have client groups with group discounts.

In Price rules/Catalog price rules  i don't have category of products option, how connect Catalog price rule to client goup or product catalog?

i have PS1.6.1.4

thanks