How can I improve this shop?

Billy

Hi,

Good work so far on the website. I think it might look better if it wasn't so dark. I find it a bit ominous all the black and red. I like the custom box headers, so maybe you could leave those black and then the interior of the boxes could be something a bit easier on the eyes like plain white.

Also I personally am not a big fan of red text, possibly change this to a different colour as well again I think white would do the trick and there is plenty of contrast with the black so it would stand out a lot more.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Tim

I went around and changed all the block titles back to a readable white color. It does read a bit better like this. I will make a light gray to black background in photoshop and add it to the blocks. Lets see if that will help some.

I squashed a few more bugs and it is starting to really come together. I made a new header to give the site a semi paradise feel with some water, trees and birds ect ect...

The owner seems to like it and I guess that is all that matters!

Thanks for the feedback the site has certainly come a long ways. It took me about ten or eleven steps between the Gimp and Photoshop to do that silhouette style header. It could use a few more details but sometimes simpler is better and can be left for ones own imagination.

• 2 weeks later...