[Solved] After upgrade to 1.4.2.5, no product images showing

I've been working on an upgrade to 1.4.2.5 for a week now and have everything mostly working EXCEPT the product images aren't showing up. I've checked everything I know to check and have looked through the forums but have not found anything with a clear (or even close) answer to the problem.

Here's what's been done so far.

- Upgraded from 1.2.5 to 1.4.2.5 on a testing server

- Product images are not showing up

- Regenerated all the thumbnails

- Recreated the .htaccess file through the backoffice

- Set permissions of /img/ to 777 (no luck, not allowed by host) and 644 (no luck, allowed by host)

- Originally uploaded through FileZilla, tried to upload through cpanel file manager

- Thought it was a theme issue, so used the OFFICIAL Prestashop theme that came with 1.4.2.5

None of these things worked at all. Now, here are some ODD THINGS that I've noticed:

- Product images show up in the back office but point to files that do not exist on the server

- These files don't exist on the old server

- Switching to Smarty 3 completely breaks the site, so it's using Smarty 2

- Using Friendly URLs breaks it even worse, no images on either setting (on or off)

I've already seen the posts that say "set your status to [sOLVED] when it's fixed", so I don't need any posts about that.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea on how it can be fixed? Were you able to even fix it??

We CAN'T proceed with the upgrade on the live site until this is resolved because the live site works, even though it's still using 1.2.5 and I don't want to screw that up. We've looked at possibly hosting the site with Prestashop. Has anyone had any experiences with that, good/bad/ugly?

All in all, I am amazed that Prestashop doesn't have an auto-update feature like many other Open Source platforms out there.

I just installed PrestaCart a couple weeks ago, my install was only an update to 1.4 final from the last version. I was in the middle of building the site when I saw the notice to update to 1.4 Final. I was really disappointed to find out that the images no longer worked.

The only other differences I may have to your install is I'm using Smarty 3.0 & using friendly urls.

I'm not a php [spam-filter], and it may be unrelated, but the only difference I see unique between old image locations and new is the url structure:

old structure uses: http://domain.com/products/##-##-home/image.jpg
new structure uses http://domain.com/products/###-home/image.jpg

I have to dig deeper and will post a fix if I can sort it out.

That's really odd. I'm only first using prestacart, I'm not really familiar with version issues and upgrades along the way.

Probably a stupid question, but are you sure when you did the upgrade that you followed the steps here:
Update PrestaCart
http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_and_Updating_PrestaShop_software/

(I had a problem until I copied the old htaccess file over, not with just the image issue that hopefully they will resolve soon)

It may be worth starting fresh if each step if its still not working.

I did. Not a stupid question. The only issue I ran into when I was upgrading was the installer said that the database version was not 1.2.5, like the config file said. It was supposedly somewhere between 1.0 and 2.1, based on its structure. I couldn't find anything that would tell me how to figure out which version of the database I had, so I just changed it to the highest version value in the config file and it went through.

I did find out that not all of the images were transferred over in the test. For some reason, I'm only able to see a certain number of files via FTP but there are tons more on the server when I go through the cpanel and use File Manager. Why I didn't think of this the first time I have no idea.

I'm going to try to get our host to copy everything over for us and see if that fixes it. If for some reason it doesn't I'll let you know.

No luck yet, still waiting on our host to move images over. I'm ASSUMING that by having all the images moved over we can rebuilt the thumbnails and the htaccess file and it should be ok. If that's the case, I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out.

Needless to say this has not been a smooth upgrade at all. Lots of variables, and we're coming from an extremely old version (1.2.5) but still, not smooth at all.

We got all of the images moved by our host and everything seemed to work. We had to rebuild the thumbnails and htaccess file for good measure. From what I can gather about this, make sure you are seeing all of your image files if you are using a testing server to upgrade your PS install. We were only able to see roughly 8,000 files but we had many many MANY more than that. The only way I could see all of the files was to use our cpanel file browser and look in /img/p

If you have all of your image files, and you've rebuilt your thumbnails and your htaccess file, and you're STILL not seeing your product images, then I honestly don't know what else you can do. I hope this helps. If not, please post back here with some more details about your problem and maybe I or another forum user/mod will catch something.

Best of luck!