integrate forum into prestashop

Thank you for your fast reply but I was expecting to have a more concrete reply from someone that have had that issue before or at least proposing anything more reasoned. I believe that the main thing to bear in mind is to know how is handled the users and user roles, to make both platforms "share" the same logic, or at least the database. In that case I think that would be easier to use the prestashop DB schema and then update the authentication logic of the forum to use the same pattern used by prestashop. So the kind of reply I was expecting to have is more about which forum can be easily integrated, or something like that.

thank you again for your support.

yes I know, I've seen that. And I've search on google for that as well, but I didn't succeed so that's why I wrote on this forum. No offense but would be helpful to get useful responses to have a quality forum here... I've search also for the same problem in this forum and I just got anything related in french...

thank you,
p

As I recall, you will not find any bridge for PS right now, you have to look into other bridge and build your own... ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong...

• 2 months later...

I vote for Simple Machines Forum (SMF). A lot of people are looking for an SMF bridge to a Shopping Cart system. I myself have been searching for some time now but couldn't find anything easy enough to use and without a lot of extra coding involved. If only someone will make one, that Shopping Cart system will be famous to SMF users. You will "corner the market" as they say. :)

SMF is known to have better coding structure and have more available integration functions than PHPBB. I have also tried using both forum software and highly prefer SMF over PHPBB.

Note: For PHPBB users, the famous open source ZenCart Shopping Cart system has already a built-in bridge that you can easily use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The two forums that seem to be bridged the most id phpbb and simple machines forum (smf) I am therefore deducing that these are probably the easiest :)

I'll vote for phpBB 3.x :cheese:

Hi TropischBruin,

You got it! :-D

I have just made this feature for PrestaShop. Please visit this link:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/19051/offer_bids_and_prestations/forum_phpbb3_forum_integrated_with_prestashop

Thanks.

• 1 year later...