1.4.2 upgrade. Clicking on Customer Groups & Carts getting access denied

• 2 weeks later...

Hi
I had the same problem on 1.4.2.5 and 1.4.3. I fixed it by adding the missing rows in the ps_access table, for me it was tab numbers 71 and 73, the numbers may be different for you. This was after an upgrade from 1.3.6

Hi
You need to be able to use phpMyAdmin and modify the access table in your database, probably called something like ps_access. This table has a row for each user, each tab for that user then has a combination of 4 1s or 0s saying what access that user has to that tab.

It appears that for some reason during the upgrade the administrator, ID 1 does not have some of the tabs and their relevant access data.

So for example the data row for tab number 65 was missing, I added a row for user ID 1, tab number 65 and then set the 4 access values to 1.

This seems to be a common problem so I image someone may have written a little SQL file to do this for you but again you will need to use phpMyAdmin.

If you have never used phpMyAdmin or do not have access to it through your web host this may be difficult to achieve.