Total beginner upgrade prestahop

I´m really a beginner in everything. I tried with a video and a PDF of prestashop but virtually I dont understand even the language of the PDF. That is my main problem.

So could somebody explain in very easy steps how to upgrade my prestahop to 1.4.2 final.

As this will happen more times I want to understand all the process.

Just began with my website www.scalesplanet.com

Can somebody help me with this?!

Dani :-)

Hello Dani,

I think the first thing for us to help you would be to understand how much you already know of the prestashop system

Did you set up the shop to begin with?

Do you have access to the hosting account that this shop is running on?

The upgrade process is not difficult but you must be careful not to destroy your existing site!

Thank you

David

1. To save your translations, in your current Back Office >> Tools >> Translations, export each language using the built-in Export tool.

2. In your server database admin, back up your database.

3. Via FTP, in the PrestaShop folder on your hosting server, create a backup copy of your current PrestaShop folder by renaming it.

4. Download the latest version of the PrestaShop e-Commerce solution software.

5. Unzip the new PrestaShop ZIP archive anywhere on your hard drive.

6. Upload via FTP the new PrestaShop files located in the unzipped prestashop folder (and not the folder itself) to a new PrestaShop directory.

7. If you had previously modified the contents of the /mails folder, copy the contents of your backup copy of /mails to the new build’s /mails folder.

8. Copy the contents of your backup copy of the /img folder to the new build’s /img folder.

9. If you had added any extra modules to your default version of PrestaShop, copy the added modules from the backup copy of /modules to the new build’s /modules folder.

10. If you had installed some modules which keep their configuration inside a file (instead of the database) such as the “editorial” module (which use the editorial.xml file to store your content) you will have to copy them from your backup to your current module folder (e.g., “/modules/editorial/”).

11. If you had previously modified the .htaccess file, merge the contents of the old and new .htaccess files, deleting any duplicate information. Do not replace one with the other.

12. If applicable, copy your customized themes subfolder (e.g., /themes/mythemes) from the backup /themes folder to the new build’s /themes parent folder.

13. Copy the settings.inc.php file from the backup folder /config to the new build’s /config folder.

14. In a Web browser, launch the Installer by adding /install to your shop’s URL and select ‘update’ at the beginning of the process.