Upgrade 1.3 to 1.4 result in error HTTP 500

Hi

Can anyone help please? I desperately need to get my website working again!!! I upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4 and now have 2 problems with my site:

1) If I click on ANY of my products, I get a error message saying HTTP 500 Internal Server Error - The website cannot display this page

2) My paypal is no longer working! When I got to checkout to pay for an item, it takes me to a page saying "redirecting to Paypal, please wait" and then nothing happens. I have made sure all of my paypal information is correct in my paypal API module, and both of my paypal modules have been activated (i.e. I have set the sandpit mode to No). I still could not get it working, so I copied my old 1.3 paypal modules into my 1.4 version and this also didnt work

Someone, please help - its 1am in the morning here, and by 8am people will be coming onto the website to shop.....

the website is www.sewpretty.co.nz

thanks for your help

Kirsty

no, i dont think so. and the template i was using with 1.3 no longer works so it defaulted to an old template which is grey - which i can fix later. But what is the default 1.4 template?

Problem (2) - just fixed it!!!!!! And it was due to something you said! I reloaded the 1.4 Paypal API like you suggested and it worked - thank you!!!!!!!!! :o)

Now to fix problem 1!

2am in the morning - this website is going to get me pulling out my hair

Jeckyl,

I now understand your comment. Im confident that the template I am using is 1.4 compatible as I just downloaded a free 1.4 version off the prestashop website and my site is still not working.

My when I installed 1.4, it created a .htaccess file. I also have an old 1.3 .htaccess file which I have not brought into my new 1.4 site - could this be a problem? Do I need to overwrite the 1.4 file?