Any Word On When The 1.4.2 Update Will Be Released?

I think a lot of us are anxious about this too! I've got 1.4.0.17 and it's just about working but I'm too worried to upgrade to 1.4.1 because of the bad feedback. I'm going to give 1.4.2 a chance, if that's full of bugs I'm going back to CubeCart. I migrated from CubCart and have spent £100 so far moving and buying a template and I'm beginning to think I've wasted my money.

Let's just hope 1.4.2 is a good release otherwise Prestashop are going to lose people permanently.

WONDERFULL

it took me 11 trys before i finially got it down, i it finished downloads at 300kbs 100 kbs 1 mbb 5 mb 7 mb and so on

And the download page had some mirror backup, offering me 1.3.5 and 1.4 beta 3 downloads :-]

for everyone
do a MD5 checksum

you can use this tool http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=75154&t=0&i=1
the checksum should be
44e14fd1efe66b179b3fb1fbb32d5893

DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR SHOP!!

it will only cause you pain..

Funny that i use to think like that upgrading wasnt worth the hassle, but you do get there in the end, in the last 4 weeks i have upgraded from 1.4.0.17 to 1.4.1 then i upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 to fix some issues i was having and to do some testing in a live enviroment,... today i have upgraded again from 1.4.2 to 1.4.2.5 and i can honestlly say the upgrading is worth the hassle..
i use to be dead set against it as every time i upgraded there were issues, my upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.4.2.5 was fault free as far as i can see, its the first time i had no issues and database issues and the store seems to be working without any issues as far as i can see.

all i can say is stick with it and you will get there in the end, the features are getting better all the time and it will make your life easier in the long run.

DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR SHOP!!

it will only cause you pain..

Funny that i use to think like that upgrading wasnt worth the hassle, but you do get there in the end, in the last 4 weeks i have upgraded from 1.4.0.17 to 1.4.1 then i upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 to fix some issues i was having and to do some testing in a live enviroment,... today i have upgraded again from 1.4.2 to 1.4.2.5 and i can honestlly say the upgrading is worth the hassle..
i use to be dead set against it as every time i upgraded there were issues, my upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.4.2.5 was fault free as far as i can see, its the first time i had no issues and database issues and the store seems to be working without any issues as far as i can see.

all i can say is stick with it and you will get there in the end, the features are getting better all the time and it will make your life easier in the long run.

no it doesnt and no it hasnt.... and in that 4 weeks, you couldve sat on the street and sold more product in the time it took you to fix your online store.. and only the back office looks better.. everything is actually slower too....

this is what happens when people code for free....

that is your opinion which you are entitled too, my store is actually faster in the front end than it was on 1.4.0.17 , once you get it configured corectlly so will yours be, just stick with it and get it sorted..

ive stuck with prestashop for 3 years...every time they upgrade the same issues happen.

version control and the forge can do only so much for bugs.

lthe team should just sell this to someone who can put some proper methodologies and some QA into it. real QA not just manually writing your own scripts to see what is broken