Upload/edit Image TinyMCE - Not Found the requested URL/admin/ajaxfilemanager/login.php

Not sure what I've done wrong here but for some reason I cant upload images using the upload/edit image function on CMS pages. Just to be clear I'm not talking about the images for products, they seem to be uploading just fine. I updated to 1.4.1 in the hopes it would clear the problem but to no avail.

On my local installs of Prestashop (both 1.4.1 and 1.4.0.17) I have no issues and can upload as Tinymce intended on firefox and safari, but now that I've put the site up on a server I'm having problems. I've changed the permissions on the folder to 775 and then later to 777.

Heres what i do:
Click insert/edit image-> brings up popup -> Click browse from popup - > brings up second popup -> click upload -> brings 3rd popup -> click browse -> find the file on my desktop -> click upload. this is as far as i can get on my webserver.

I've tested it on serveral platforms:

On the Mac: Firefox4
i get to the last click upload but then get an error message reading " SyntaxError: missing ; before statement"

On the Mac Safari 5.0.3 is exactly the same all the way to upload but the error message reads "SyntaxError: Parse error"

On the PC: IE8 The "Insert/edit image" button has no effect whatsoever. Also if i right click to bring the menu up it appears in the top right corner of the browser and equally has no effect.

Chrome 11.0.696.68 brings up a nearly blank screen with
" Not Found
the requested URL/admin/ajaxfilemanager/login.php was not found on this server.
additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
instead of the second popup.

The file "ajax_login.php" is where it should be i have no idea why its looking for login.php?

Its a real pain the main reason i moved to prestashop from zencart was so i could upload images to non product pages.

Its probably a simple problem but any help would be appreciated, so thanks in advance

Neil

• Like 2

Getting:

Not Found
the requested URL/admin/ajaxfilemanager/login.php was not found on this server.
additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

in Firefox 4 and safari now.

the button still has no effect in IE8

Thanks for the answer. I have seen your post on the other forum as well.

But! Behold! at the office works very well. Hmmmmmmm! I would love to make this thing clear because I would love to manage the system from any place in the world.

Thanks for the update, I think ill ask a friend to see if he can login with his windows 7 machine. I only really kept a pc around for testing purposes so I'm still running on XP. I'll also go round and install the main browsers and see if i have any luck with any of them, Ill keep you posted.

Cheers

Hi korrona, Thanks for the pointer I installed Opera and Chrome on the mac, and i get a little further than before.

can't get much further but i do get all the way to the upload screen after choosing a file and hitting upload i get

" SyntaxError: Unexpected token < " in Chrome

and " SyntaxError: at line 2, column 0: expected expression, got '<' "in opera

I wonder which file its talking about if i could find the < then there's a chance i could edit the code to work somehow.

I've yet to hear back from my windows 7 using friend.... Sigh back to square one for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I may have found a lucky break. I found this post on another forum:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1359476/tinymce-file-upload-generic-syntax-error

It seems that many TinyMCE users are having the same issues, I have found posts in quite a few forums regarding the
" SyntaxError: missing ; before statement " most were marked solved when someone added

Our host had just added mod_security and recompiled Apache. They had to white list ajaxfilemanager to get it to work properly again.

I have my own host looking into the issue now fingers crossed ill have a solution soon. ill keep you posted

@Korrona - Dunno if this will help you since you seem to fine from your office computer. I had my friend check windows 7 for me but he gets the same errors as i do, so i suspect we have a different issue.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Seriosuly people? Nobody found anything on it yet?

In Firefox I get:

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement

In Safari I get:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'

In Chrome I get:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

In Internet Explorer (God forgive me!) I get:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token

If anyone found the solution, please post it here

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seriosuly people? Nobody found anything on it yet?

In Firefox I get:

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement

In Safari I get:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'

In Chrome I get:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

In Internet Explorer (God forgive me!) I get:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token

If anyone found the solution, please post it here

replace this line in ajax_file_upload.php (admin/ajaxfilemanager/)

$manager = new manager($upload->getFilePath(), false);

to:

$manager = new manager(dirname($upload->getFilePath()), false);

Edited by PSD-to-Template (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

replace this line in ajax_file_upload.php (admin/ajaxfilemanager/)

$manager = new manager($upload->getFilePath(), false);

to:

$manager = new manager(dirname($upload->getFilePath()), false);

did as you say, but still I cant upload files through the tinymce, neither browse among the folders ... :( any idea ?

• 1 year later...