Import database 1.3.2. in 1.4.1.

Hi,

I'am using Prestashop 1.3.2 in a separate environment to fill my shop.
I've changed some options.

I want tot use 1.4.1 because of the option that customers can buy without registering.
Because of lots of work and risks, I thought the following:

I export the database of Prestashop 1.3.2
I delete the entire shop and install Prestashop 1.4.1. After that I import the database of Prestashop 1.3.2
Then I make the changes to the different options.
Please, is this possible?

There are lots of products in our database and the system is very slow, I think: from scratch means a clean system.
A second reason: I'm afraid there is going something wrong when I'm doing it by my own. Work off several month gone. I don't want take that risk.
I hear from technicals 'it takes a few hours to do the upgrade'. Too expensive. So I look for an quicker alternative.

When you do the upgrade/install it makes changes to the database. If you add the database after the fact, I doubt it will work. You need the have the database installed before you do the update. I would try it in WAMP first. and make sure you have a backup of the site and database, in case you need to start from scratch.

pb4sc

But I wan't to do an import in the new database with an export off the old database.
That's the way I work now. I make a import file for products to place them in the database.
Isn't that possible?
And what is WAMP?

WAMP is a program that lets you make a test site on your local machine, without it being on the web. (Google WAMP) WAMP is for windows, but there is others. It is great, because you can test it out to see if it works before doing it to your live site. If you replace the 1.4.1 database with the 1.3.1, I have a feeling it will not work. You are running the new version, but have the old database. You can try it on WAMP to see if it works.

pb4sc

It's gonna be messed up if you take your old database and import it, as the tables are a little different between the two versions.

Instead take a backup of database, and all ftp-files, and make a test-installation on a local server or on another server, from the testinstallation you can afford to make mistakes as it is a test only.

/ Sampras

I agree you you, update your database in localhost - in Windows, use Wamp or Xampp.

I had a problem after update - blank pages in products websides.
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/110621/upgrading_prestashop/update_1_dot_3_dot_6_to_1_dot_4_dot_1_erros

category was displaying good but instead of products I had blank areas.

4 hostings severs (1 local - Xampp) same problems, blank pages, but in SVN version everything was OK.