How to display products parent category name in Home Featured module?

ufikas

Hello,
i need a very simple tweek to standard Home featured module (presta 1.3.7) - i need to display parent category of the product.
I only found way to get default category with $product.category_default, but is there a way to get parent category?
I have some knowledge of php and i'm familiar with smarty so don't hestitate to tell me where and what to edit.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,
i need a very simple tweek to standard Home featured module (presta 1.3.7) - i need to display parent category of the product.
I only found way to get default category with $product.category_default, but is there a way to get parent category?
I have some knowledge of php and i'm familiar with smarty so don't hestitate to tell me where and what to edit.

Thank you in advance.

have u ever searched on any admin files that could contain a call to to parents category?

tahe a look in here

Thank you for the reply.
Actually i've searched both back end and front end for such function and found none.
If you take a look at class/product..php it looks like that there is no parent category variable in products array returned by global function. Only default category...
So i guess i need to call global category function, then get parent id of product category and the get parent category name by ID. Ew...