[Solved] Re direct loop in checkout

Having had problems with payment modules in 1.4 I took the brave step to update to 1.4.1. (need my head testing I think). I can now configure Paypal module at last. BUT now when you click on pay with Paypal in the checkout I get the following message.

This web page has a redirect loop
The web page at http://www.my domain.co.uk/modules/paypal/payment/submit.php has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

How and what can I do please?

yours in hope before I finally give up on Prestashop

hippooflove

I am also having the same issue. I have my shop set to use HTTPS. HTTPS works great on login and everything else, so I'm sure that the SSL configuration is not the problem... but upon checkout (with Google or PayPal modules), I always end up with a redirect loop.

I am also having the same issue. I have my shop set to use HTTPS. HTTPS works great on login and everything else, so I'm sure that the SSL configuration is not the problem... but upon checkout (with Google or PayPal modules), I always end up with a redirect loop.

Hi ,
Disabling the filesystem cache (not smarty one, very bottom option in the page) , in performance settings solved this issue in my case.
Hope this helps

I am pleased to say that at last I have got my paypal 2.4 working. I deleted and re installed another PayPal module and it seems to have done the trick.

Also in BO>preferences>Performance at the bottom Caching needs to be disabled

many thanks to those who gave advice and especially to Marty Shue.

All I need now are some customers.!!!!

• 2 years later...