Prestashop 1.7.7.2 - Problems with productcomments & ps_accounts modules

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon,

Few years ago, I installed a Prestashop for my father. In recent years there have not been any particular problems to report but in the last 2 weeks, we have encountered 2 similar problems and both were linked to module updates that were offered to us. Given that the modules have compatibility ranges on Prestashop, I tell myself that if the updated modules were not compatible with our version, they would not be offered, would they?

Last week, it was the productcomments update that caused an error because the new version of the module tried to use a service that Symfony did not know about. Not really using this module, we simply deleted it and that fixed the problem.

The problem is that yesterday, the experience was repeated but this time with the ps_accounts module. I didn't find this module on Github so it's impossible to know exactly what has changed in the new version and it's impossible to rollback the upgrade... The problem is similar to last week. This time the error is that the module is trying to use a "session" service which does not exist in the CoreServiceContainer. I managed to work around the problem by modifying the module code to use the fallback session service provided by the module but that doesn't seem like a great solution to me.

I would especially like to understand how I can access updates that are not compatible with my version of Prestashop. Am I the only one experiencing this kind of problem?

Thank you in advance for any answers you can give me.

Have a nice week end,

Nicolas

Edited by nicodev77 (see edit history)