Set a default VAT rule for products

Massimo333

I have a prestashop in multi-shop version with 2 shops: one B2C and the other B2B. For B2C I created and activated a tax rule "B2C TAX" (which also inserts VAT on orders from foreign B2C customers), while for the B2B shop I created and activated the tax rule "B2B TAX" ( which allows foreign B2B customers to purchase without VAT).

The problem is the following: every time I create or modify a product on "All shop", in the B2B shop the "B2B TAX" rule is lost and the "No tax" rule is set (probably because it is the basic rule of prestashop). So: how do I ensure that the basic rule of the B2B shop is the one I created (i.e. "B2B TAX") and not the basic prestashop rule "No tax"?

Hi, I suppose you are in share catalog mode. In this case, all modifications made in all shops or shop group are applied to all shop or all shop of the group. If you want to keep all informations synchronized for 2 shops except VAT, the best solution to avoid to edit manually twice each time is to develop a module that keep it.

Posted (edited)

All this problem is due to the fact that the tax rules area of PrestaShop is not compatible with the multi-shop: if I modify a tax rule on a specific shop, the modification is trsmitted on all shops and not just on the selected shop. So to manage different tax rules on the various shops of a multi-shop, we are forced to create 2 separate tax rules, but which are then lost if you modify a product under All shop. This is a big problem for prestashop. 

2 hours ago, Prestashop Addict said:

Hi, I suppose you are in share catalog mode. In this case, all modifications made in all shops or shop group are applied to all shop or all shop of the group. If you want to keep all informations synchronized for 2 shops except VAT, the best solution to avoid to edit manually twice each time is to develop a module that keep it.

Is there some plugin that can set a specific defoult tax rules? Or can I edit some prestshop file to do that?

Edited by Massimo333 (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Prestashop Addict said:

You can deactivate a tax rule for a shop

image.png.f9dd27a06ccfe11b9bdc030ad827ceaa.png

Select the shop context and create a new tax rule that will be available only on this shop.

I already do this: I created the "Tax-rule 01" active on the B2C shop and the "Tax-rule 02" active on the B2B shop.
But, when a product is edited and updated on "All shop" mode, after clicking "Save" button, the "Tax-rule 02" disappear on the B2B shop and in its place, prestashop inserts a general "no tax" rule. Probably this happen because on "all shop" mode, the tax rule saved is "Tax-rule 01" that is no active on the B2B shop, so prestashop on B2b shop inserts a general "no tax" rule.

Edited by Massimo333 (see edit history)