i found a strange thing. why do the prestashop allow a customer leave both phone and mobile blank.

wimotek

i found a strange thing. why do the prestashop allow a customer leave both phone and mobile blank. 

where can i set it  at least fill one , phone or mobile

if no phone or mobile left , how could you ship your order?

image.png.ee84b4246bbf664c0bf64f0b5a61c239.png

Hello,

Even if these fields are optional by default, you can change this behavior.

You can achieve this by going to: Admin -> Customers -> Addresses -> click the 'Set required fields for this section', check one of the phone fields and save. At this point, that field should be mandatory.

10 minutes ago, Andrei H said:

Hello,

Even if these fields are optional by default, you can change this behavior.

You can achieve this by going to: Admin -> Customers -> Addresses -> click the 'Set required fields for this section', check one of the phone fields and save. At this point, that field should be mandatory.

good, it's real help for me.   im confused why the ps doesn't set the field in default.  it should be one out of  two in mandatory  by default.

Hello,

By default, the field displayed at checkout is the 'Phone' one, not the 'Mobile Phone' one.

If you want 'Mobile Phone' displayed in there, you need to go to Admin -> International -> Locations -> Countries, edit the Country/Countries that you allow in your shop and in the Address format field add the 'phone_mobile' field under 'ADDRESS'. Once saved, the Mobile Phone should also be displayed at checkout for these countries.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 085956.png

thanks,  you are good at the ps.  it provide more customized fuctions.   could i suggest the ps could be more intellent. 

let the customer decide which one fill in or both.        the show it auotmatically,   hide if one is null.

Le 28/04/2024 à 3:22 AM, wimotek a dit :

thanks,  you are good at the ps.  it provide more customized fuctions.   could i suggest the ps could be more intellent. 

let the customer decide which one fill in or both.        the show it auotmatically,   hide if one is null.

In most cases only mobile phone is mandatory, because it's used by carriers for SMS notifications.