High CPU Usage and Throttling on Dedicated Server - Could It Be a PrestaShop Module?

Dune

Hello PrestaShop Community,

I'm reaching out with a pressing issue that's affecting my dedicated server hosted by OVH, which is running a PrestaShop site. Yesterday, I received a notification from OVH indicating that my server's CPU had been throttled for 25% of the last 24 hours. The advice was to optimize queries, add indexes, or split databases across multiple CloudDBs due to high utilization.

Since then, the CPU usage issue has escalated, significantly impacting my website's performance. I haven't made recent changes to the site that would account for this increase in CPU demand. This leads me to wonder if a PrestaShop module or a configuration within PrestaShop could be contributing to this issue.

I'm seeking insights or advice from the community:

Has anyone experienced similar issues related to high CPU usage that could be traced back to a specific PrestaShop module or configuration?

Are there known modules or configurations that tend to cause high CPU usage or inefficiencies?

Any recommendations on tools or methods to identify and resolve potential culprits within PrestaShop that could be causing this server strain?

I appreciate any guidance, experiences, or suggestions you can share. Your expertise could be invaluable in helping me navigate and resolve this challenging situation.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Dune

• 1 month later...

Still having this problem? As recently I had to deal with such issue on clouddb instance after upgrading mysql to v8. Firstly I tried cleaning tables from data that is not really needed like ps_connections, or old carts (6month old or older). Another step was to disable stats modules. 
But the real improvement was to check slow-queries log on db's sftp and try to improve queries. Custom module was making an issue as it was uysed on every page. By adding some indexes on columns fixed the issue.

So like ovh says, queries should be verified and optimized if possible as it's a main source of issues.
But still it's not nice to put customer in such situation -.-