How to change the default view to "list" in category product list?

Does anyone know how to change the default view to "list" in category product list both on mobile and desktop? I want to remove completely the grid icon and set the view as "list" permanently without the customer being able to change it.  I am using a custom theme. Ps version 1.7.6.4.

Link http://seocontentwriting.org/

1.jpg

Edited by SeizeTheDay (see edit history)

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your query about changing the default product view to "list" in both mobile and desktop versions of your PrestaShop store.

To achieve this customization, you will need specific development work done within your custom theme. This involves modifying the theme's template files and possibly integrating custom JavaScript or CSS code to remove the grid icon and set the view as "list" permanently.

Since this customization requires technical expertise and knowledge of PrestaShop theming, I recommend reaching out to one of PrestaShop's agency partners who specialize in PrestaShop development and customization. They will be able to provide you with the necessary support and assistance to implement this change according to your requirements.

You can find a list of PrestaShop agency partners via the following link: https://www.prestashop.com/en/experts.

I wish you an excellent day.

Kind regards

Hello, thank you for your interest. I have seen people who made requests about this issue in the forum before, and somehow they made the list view, but they marked the issue as solved without sharing how they did it. I would like to ask for the help of people who will support me on this platform, so that everyone can have an idea about the solution.