Gif/Video support on imageslider.

krztest

Hey, perhaps anyone has any workarounds or detailed guides how I could insert a video either by .mp4 or .gif format on image slider or any free modules? Appreciated.

10 hours ago, krztest said:

Thanks for the reply, any free versions or workarounds?

Hi.

Realize that zero investment in customers is almost zero return. You will invest a few euros, but it will bring you more customers, you will be better indexed by Google, etc. Anyone who has a product video is always higher in searches than the competition.

The development of such a module is several tens of hours for a programmer who has years of experience with Prestashop. Anyone who wants to learn and promote it will sacrifice at least two years of learning Prestashop, html, js .... So the price for the module he recommends is very low. On Prestashop addons, such a module would be for 96 or more euros / dolars !

I want to start a delivery company and I need free trucks, employees who will work for free and since they are my employees, they have to advertise for me for free... How does that sound?

I'm sorry, but I always get excited about posts like this.

Edited by ps8modules.com (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

No need to get quite aggressive about it, especially when the question is simple: a different format support besides the obvious manual configuration on the backend, not a high-end development issue that would require quite an effort.  I can obviously debate where a format support isn't directly considered a big factor in the "investment in a customer" statement that would improve the retention rate, same as, a new set of tire valve stems wouldn't significantly benefit the actual ride of the journey.

I do understand that this is indeed a very sensitive topic for you. I understand how little in popularity this CMS is due to the lack of open-source options compared to WP or any other more popular CMS. Additionally, big hosting providers don't really invest in optimizing PS support. What's left is that people would rather choose alternative ways by asking for insight on open-source forums, where other knowledgeable developers can share and provide feedback before making investment decisions. Consequently, you're losing customers on your small website doubly.

And the programmers will not have anything to eat to satisfy all the modules for free. There is a "free modules" section where the modules are free. I recently posted a code sample on the forum to add video to the thumbnails for the classic template. There are thousands of templates, so there is no universal code. Each template developer uses their own styling, one has thumbnails in a row, another in a column...

What takes an hour to program for other systems takes several hours to program for Prestashop. Several (already dozens) versions of Prestashop are released, and maintaining functionality for compatibility is quite time-consuming. By purchasing the module, you support the developer to maintain functionality.

1 minute ago, juanrojas said:

I think it mostly depends on the weight of the file you upload.

No no, I always use links from Youtube. I use the "video" widget for Elementor, but the widget take between 2 and 4 megabyte. Crazy.
I saw these modules work also with links, but how they are heavy?

I don't want to upload videos to not put heaviness on the server.