moving prestashop to different subdomain and different database

jarnold

I was trying to move an existing shop from subdmain a to subdomain b and from database a to database b. After copy all databasetables to the database b, changing the ps_shop_url to the new subdomain b, copy of all Prestashopfiles to subdomain b, changing the parameters.php to the new database and changing the .htacess to the new subdomain I am getting an error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\Config\Util\Exception\XmlParsingException: [ERROR 64] XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document (in n/a - line 2, column 6) [ERROR 3067] Failed to parse the XML resource 'in_memory_buffer'. (in n/a - line 0, column 0) in home/users/.../vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Config/Util/XmlUtils.php:201 Stack trace: #0 /home/users/.../vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Config/Util/XmlUtils.php(261): Symfony\Component\Config\Util\XmlUtils::parse('<?xml version="...', Array) #1 /home/users/../vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Loader/XmlFileLoader.php(767): Symfony\Component\Config\Util\XmlUtils::loadFile('/home/users/...', Array) #2 /home/users/.../vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Loader/XmlFileLoader.php(87): Symfony\Component\Depend in /home/users/.../vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Loader/XmlFileLoader.php on line 771

this happens in front and backoffice. I guess it has something to do with the .htaccess or the ps_shop_url. Can anybody help?

Hi, Kindly replace the files and folder of your site with default Prestashop version which you are using.
you need to replace this folder, I hope your issue will fix

../vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/

Thanks

Posted (edited)

@razi
Thanks a lot, I think it did the trick. At least I am now able to reach the front and backend. But I will test it further if it has any impact on the other funktions/modules.

But do you have an explantion for this?

@Prestashop Addict

Thanks for the reply, but of course this is the first thing I do, if there is any unexpected behavior or I do major changes and I tried it several times without any success. Already from the beginning I did not copy these files to the new destination.

Edited by jarnold (see edit history)

Actually in these folder, files are part of external libraries: Symfony components etc.
and Composer fetches the required packages and places them in the vendor folder.

but in your case its also possible someone fix bug, security patches, or add new features and make direct changes in core files and now these are not compatible with your new hosting configuration

Thanks

As I have tested so far, it seems to work fine.

From the error I was guessing that it creates the xml definition 2x. So I was guessing it has something to do with the .htaccess or the URL definition.

I really have just shifted from www.mydomain.com/a     to    www.mydomain.com/b. It is on the same hoster (as per me even on the same server). The domain is registered on a different registrar. The databases lay on the same hoster like the shopfiles are the same type and are both under the same login. Just the names are different. There was no update of any module and no other changes. The copy on the domain a is still working.

So I never though about such sources of the problem. But thanks again - I just wanted to try to understand (you never know enough).

Maybe you could help me with my other problem - maybe I am searching again in the wrong direction:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/1085060-notice-in-line-120-in-classeshelperhelperformphp-8-undefined-variable-id/