Block purchases by European companies that try to ship the product to non-EU countries

spexy90

Good morning,
I have a problem with a customer's e-commerce site. I should basically block purchases by all European companies (only companies and not private individuals and this in itself is a problem) that try to ship the product to a non-EU country. Can anyone tell me if there are modules that can help me do this?

I found some modules, but generic ones that I don't think can help me. The problem is also the division from private customer to corporate customer... can anyone give me suggestions on this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Excellent question: this is my main problem, at the moment we have not integrated anything to distinguish between private user and company. This is because there was no need... but with the request in question now we should think about it. Are there modules that offer solutions for these problems?

il y a 6 minutes, spexy90 a dit :

Excellent question: this is my main problem, at the moment we have not integrated anything to distinguish between private user and company. This is because there was no need... but with the request in question now we should think about it. Are there modules that offer solutions for these problems?

You want an automatic system (not sure to be 100% safe) or managed by human validation?

il y a 1 minute, spexy90 a dit :

An automatic system is best but we can evaluate both options...

You can base the identification by company name or European ID number, but some professionals don't have it. You can ask at registration if the customer is a professional but this is not secured if you don't validate each registration. Automatic is not safe. One way will be to check company name not null to validate automatically and if no to validate manually if the user register as professional. But even in this case a user can put anything as a company name. I recommend to manually validate each account if you want to be safe.

Ok but how do I manually prevent the purchase from the EU company that ships to a non-EU country?
The company can place the order and then, if necessary, I cancel it. Do you mean this?

Do you know if there are modules that can help with this?

Hello spexy90,

To distinguish between a company and an individual customer, you can utilize the company registration ID or, for EU companies, the VAT number. Subsequently, you can implement a custom module that checks whether the customer is a company by examining the localization and shipping address. If the address is outside the European zone, the module can restrict the purchase. I am available to investigate and address this issue for you upon request.

Best regards.

Il y a 19 heures, spexy90 a dit :

Ok but how do I manually prevent the purchase from the EU company that ships to a non-EU country?
The company can place the order and then, if necessary, I cancel it. Do you mean this?

Do you know if there are modules that can help with this?

PS settings will hep you to do that, add professionals to a specific group when you control them, configure carriers with only allowed groups.