Categories empty while products have categories

rtruso

Hello,

When creating a new child category, this category will not inherit the products from the parent category.

You will have to assign products to it. Go to Catalog -> Products and edit the desired product. Scroll down to the Categories section, click on 'Add categories', select the desired category and press 'Apply'. Click 'Save and publish'.

Once these steps are completed, the product should be displayed in that specific category.

1 hour ago, Andrei H said:

Hello,

When creating a new child category, this category will not inherit the products from the parent category.

You will have to assign products to it. Go to Catalog -> Products and edit the desired product. Scroll down to the Categories section, click on 'Add categories', select the desired category and press 'Apply'. Click 'Save and publish'.

Once these steps are completed, the product should be displayed in that specific category.

But that's the problem, categories are added in the product but categories are empty. You can see in screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 17-00-05 Produit • Carré outlet.png

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 14-17-23 Femme • Carré outlet.png

Hello,

You will also need to assign the child categories to the product, not only the parent ones (eg. assign the Jeans one to the product as well).

In the first screenshot you hightlight the fact that there are 3 categories assigned to the product, Femme, Luxe and Chaussures (which I assume have products under them). 

But the second screenshot highlights 2 other categories, Jeans and Pulls & gilets. Since these were not assigned to products, it makes sense that there are 0 products displayed under them.

Hello

3 hours ago, Andrei H said:

Hello,

You will also need to assign the child categories to the product, not only the parent ones (eg. assign the Jeans one to the product as well).

In the first screenshot you hightlight the fact that there are 3 categories assigned to the product, Femme, Luxe and Chaussures (which I assume have products under them). 

But the second screenshot highlights 2 other categories, Jeans and Pulls & gilets. Since these were not assigned to products, it makes sense that there are 0 products displayed under them.

Hello,

thanks for your support and yes I found out that there was a double importation of categories during XML import. I will erase all catalogue and launch a new import, it will be fine after that. Thanks very much for your help.

• Like 1