Help with php variable for a product with combinations stock level ( default combionation)

d2iautosound

Hello, 

Does anyone know if there would be a definition or code I could use to define the quantity of any products default combination. 

For example in a module i have this line of code: 

class DesignBinding extends ObjectModel
{
    public const QUANTITY = 1;

public $id;
    public $id_attribute;
    public $mczr_design_id;
    public $mczr_summary;

Instead of defining as equal to "1" I'd like to define it as equal to whatever the quantity is for the default combination of that product. 

So basically:

public const QUANTITY = "Quantity of the Default Combination Stock level";

Long story short is a module i am using creates a new combination every time personalisation is made to a product ( adding text and fonts to be printed or engraved etc) 

This new combination quantity gets updated with the quantity mentioned in this code so need it to be set to the default product combination quantity level for inventory purposes  

Hopefully that makes sense? 

I know nothing about PHP is there anywhere I could learn the prestashop variables? 

Thanks in advance, 

Darcy 

5 minutes ago, ps8modules.com said:

Hi.

Opening new threads doesn't solve anything. You yourself wrote that you communicate with the module developers and they will modify it for you. You can learn from the Prestashop documentation:

https://devdocs.prestashop-project.org/

Hi,
I have been in contact with kickflip which make the actual kickflip website not necessarily the module integration and so far all I have is silly responses that don't help whatsoever like uninstall and reinstall ( which I did) and you can delete all combinations made by kickflip which I can do but still doesn't solve the issue of kickflip resulting in making these combinations and stock issues to start with. 

Lastly i've been talking with them for 3 weeks and haven't gotten anywhere so 3 weeks of having my website offline is getting annoying am paying for hosting and domain name for nothing and just a waiting game so am trying to get things moving along asap hence why trying to work out the code myself to try and remedy the situation. 

Thanks for the link :) 

Edited by d2iautosound (see edit history)

Hi.

It takes a few hours to program the first module according to the documentation. Furthermore, you will need many days for more complex situations. Even the documentation is not complete and you have to find out many things yourself and search in the codes. The most important is the ./classes folder, where there is most information about functions, etc.
If it is so rushed, I would cancel the free module you are having problems with and sacrifice money and time for someone to create the module for you.
According to what I know, it's a question of one, max. two hours of work for an experienced programmer. 😉

Job Offers

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/235-job-offers/

Edited by ps8modules.com (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, ps8modules.com said:

Hi.

It takes a few hours to program the first module according to the documentation. Furthermore, you will need many days for more complex situations. Even the documentation is not complete and you have to find out many things yourself and search in the codes. The most important is the ./classes folder, where there is most information about functions, etc.
If it is so rushed, I would cancel the free module you are having problems with and sacrifice money and time for someone to create the module for you.
According to what I know, it's a question of one, max. two hours of work for an experienced programmer. 😉

Job Offers

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/235-job-offers/

While the module is free using it is not you pay a percentage of every product sold which also suits my business, I'm just trying to get the website live that's all as I'm constantly getting people asking for my website and I have to get them to email me because its down currently but I'll have a look over some of the functions and see if i can do anything in the mean time :)

Thanks for your help 

21 hours ago, ps8modules.com said:

Can't you build sales on something that's free to begin with?

Prestashop can display a customizable box.

Nothing i have seen suits what I need, I paid for a module and it wasn't available in my version of Prestashop they said my version was going to be released this month but still haven't heard anything