Unable to install Prestashop 8.1.x in a subdirectory

nikitakothari

Hi,

I tried installing Prestashop 8.1.1, 8.1.2 and 8.1.3 on my test server with PHP 8.1 and Mysql 5.7 The installation went successful. However when I visit the admin panel it shows blank page on "Home" screen and on "Setting" page as well.

On turning on debug it throws following error.

[1/2] ErrorException

ErrorException: Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php81) failed: Permission denied (13) at [[path]]/prestashop811/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/Handler/StrictSessionHandler.php:116

[2/2] RuntimeException

RuntimeException: Failed to start the session: already started by PHP. at [[path]]/prestashop811/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php:148

What could be the issue ?

However when I install it in a root directory it works perfectly fine. Is the subdirectory installations not supported ?

Also, Are PHP 7.x not supported anymore ? Because I am not able to install 8.1.x version on PHP 7.2,7.3,7.4 as well. The script throws "500 Internal Server Error" on PS edition basic module install while manual installation.

Steps to reproduce

Download the package.

Extract on the server.

Make the manual installation.

Login into the admin panel.

Visit "Home" and it will throw an error.

Visit "Setting" and it will throw an error.

Il y a 3 heures, nikitakothari a dit :

On turning on debug it throws following error.

[1/2] ErrorException

ErrorException: Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php81) failed: Permission denied (13) at [[path]]/prestashop811/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/Handler/StrictSessionHandler.php:116

[2/2] RuntimeException

RuntimeException: Failed to start the session: already started by PHP. at [[path]]/prestashop811/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php:148

Hi this is is a permission issue, change owner to www-data user and group  to /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php81

• 1 month later...

Just received the message "Prestashop 8.1.1 onwards can not be installed in sub-directory." while installing in a subdirectory for demo purposes.

Why the hell this happened?

Can I install it in a sub domain testshop.mydomain.com ??

Hi,

I tried with Prestashop 8.1.5 version downloaded from the official website as well and getting the same issue in a sub directory. However I downloaded the package from github and tried installing in a sub directory and it worked well.

May I know what is the difference between website package and the github package ?

Attaching the screenshots of 1. Github package installation admin panel & 2. Website package installation admin panel.

1. Github package installation admin panel

github.thumb.png.1f8dbf7f0655d04ef60421b0e0e575e2.png

2. Website package installation admin panel.

website_package.thumb.png.b86092ec83a8e42ca99d5c9a321a467a.png

So, why is this happening? Is it a new feature of PrestaShop? If it is, I will not even bother to try to install the github version and simply switch to WooCommerce. If it is just a bug, then I'll try the GitHub hoping the problem will be fixed soon.

Il y a 2 heures, femo a dit :

So, why is this happening? Is it a new feature of PrestaShop? If it is, I will not even bother to try to install the github version and simply switch to WooCommerce. If it is just a bug, then I'll try the GitHub hoping the problem will be fixed soon.

All the PrestaShop open source versions that I install are in subdirectories. It seems that you have chosen to use the PrestaShop SA packaged version, which installs its own custom modules that have nothing to do with the open source project and for which PrestaShop SA alone is responsible, so if you have a problem with PrestaShop SA, contact this company, as it has nothing to do with the PrestaShop open source ecommerce solution.

I know, it's incomprehensible to the average user, but unfortunately, this is how PrestaShop SA has decided to treat its community and the product.

il y a 25 minutes, femo a dit :

I did just what I usually do: go to my cPanel account, Softaculous -> PrestaShop.

This easy!

Thanks for this clarification.

I've just tested it myself and, like you, I'm getting the same error message.

image.thumb.png.00a71dbd24eac4625bac4d498aa040c0.png

I don't know if they're responsible for the versions of the scripts they offer, but perhaps you should ask them for an explanation, especially as you're not looking to install PrestaShop version 8.1.1 but rather the 8.1.5 currently offered by their services.

10 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

Thanks for this clarification.

I've just tested it myself and, like you, I'm getting the same error message.

image.thumb.png.00a71dbd24eac4625bac4d498aa040c0.png

I don't know if they're responsible for the versions of the scripts they offer, but perhaps you should ask them for an explanation, especially as you're not looking to install PrestaShop version 8.1.1 but rather the 8.1.5 currently offered by their services.

I'll do that, but first I would like to know if it is a new PrestaShop policy or just a bug. As I read it, from "8.1.1 onwards" it means that we will not be able to do this anymore. Maybe PrestaShop wants everybody to switch to the SA service. (will not happen)

il y a une heure, femo a dit :

I'll do that, but first I would like to know if it is a new PrestaShop policy or just a bug. As I read it, from "8.1.1 onwards" it means that we will not be able to do this anymore. Maybe PrestaShop wants everybody to switch to the SA service. (will not happen)

Normally not, since my version 8.1.1 or 8.1.3 are installed in a subdirectory, I'm going to install 8.1.5 in the same way to check that everything is fine.

However, when I ask Softaculous to bring up the installations already present, it doesn't succeed and if I manually try to recover my 8.1.3 installation in softaculous, it refuses with the same information message concerning the prohibition of installation in subdirectories.

I'm wondering if Softaculous isn't using the PrestaShop packaged version integrating the new backoffice design and their multiple advertising modules.

Edited by Mediacom87 (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, Mediacom87 said:

Normally not, since my version 8.1.1 or 8.1.3 are installed in a subdirectory, I'm going to install 8.1.5 in the same way to check that everything is fine.

However, when I ask Softaculous to bring up the installations already present, it doesn't succeed and if I manually try to recover my 8.1.3 installation in softaculous, it refuses with the same information message concerning the prohibition of installation in subdirectories.

I'm wondering if Softaculous isn't using the PrestaShop packaged version integrating the new backoffice design and their multiple advertising modules.

I've already opened a ticket in their support forum. No news yet.

Il y a 1 heure, femo a dit :

I've already opened a ticket in their support forum. No news yet.

N'ayant jamais réceptionné l'email de validation de mon compte, je n'ai pas pu ouvrir ou participer à votre ticket.

@Mediacom87

>>Normally not, since my version 8.1.1 or 8.1.3 are installed in a subdirectory, I'm going to install 8.1.5 in the same way to check that everything is fine.

May I know which package you took for the 8.1.1 & 8.1.3 to get install in a sub directory ?

>>It seems that you have chosen to use the PrestaShop SA packaged version

Also please let us know what is PrestaShop SA packaged version and from where it gets downloaded ? I download the package from the official website download section which named as "prestashop_edition_basic_version_8.1.x.zip"

il y a une heure, nikitakothari a dit :

May I know which package you took for the 8.1.1 & 8.1.3 to get install in a sub directory ?

You have the open source version presented on this site and available for free download on Github.

What is presented and what you have downloaded, is precisely this famous packaged version which includes a host of modules developed for PrestaShop's business, not specifically to improve the life of the merchant, it is a "commercial" version of PrestaShop by PrestaShop SA.

• Like 1