Help with a Module (kickflip) that unwantedly creates combination and updates stock level to 1000.

d2iautosound

Background:

Hello, I am setting up my website for personalised gifts and products and am currently using a module or website called kickflip for the customisation part. Kickflip allows customers to modify a design the way they want with real time image updates so custom text and font changes etc added to a product image to make it look like its changing in real time. 

This all works fine and integrates with prestashop but i have some issues and talking with kickflip is slow going ( over a day between responses and getting no where) 

The issue:

Lets say we have a slate coaster and its out of stock and denied orders. When Kickflip (the module mentioned above) is enabled on that product it removes the add to cart button anyway and adds customise product instead of add to cart. this opens the kickflip modifier where a customer can modify the product the way they want it ( add text change font move text where they want it etc etc). 

The issue is as soon as the personalisation is complete they click add to cart which brings it back to the websites home page with the product in the cart. Now at this pint if you go into the product in the  backend it has turned the product into a product with combinations (regardless of if it was a simple product or not) and now has a combination called my customizer and lets say #2. The next one that is modified would be say #3 and so on. 

When it does this it automatically adds 1000 pieces of stock the this combination and therefore people can checkout. 

So regardless of what the product stock was as soon as its customised it creates a new combination and makes that stock level 1000.

My question is where would I even start looking to modify this? or eliminating the product attribute id that it creates or anything that could help me to solve this issue? 

Would it be in the module/controller/admin to modify the code or where would you suggest i start looking for this code?

Without fixing this I cant use kickflip at all which is extremely annoying as it works very well for what i am after. 

Thanks, 

Darcy

Hi.

1. ./modules/mycustomizer/classes/DesignBinding.php => public const QUANTITY = 1000;

2. ./modules/mycustomizer/classes/StartingPointBinding.php => public const QUANTITY = 1000;

Overall, the module is clumsy and poorly written.
Nowhere does he check the status of the stock, the quantity of pieces in stock...

Using combination instead of customization is weird.
Your database will grow in no time and the e-shop will slow down.
It is necessary to realize that the attributes are multiplied.
So, if you have e.g. (watch) dial color 10*, strap color 10*, strap size 10*, type 10*, then Prestashop will create a multiple of these values in the database, 10 * 10 * 10 * 10 = 10,000 records.

53 minutes ago, ps8modules.com said:

Hi.

1. ./modules/mycustomizer/classes/DesignBinding.php => public const QUANTITY = 1000;

2. ./modules/mycustomizer/classes/StartingPointBinding.php => public const QUANTITY = 1000;

Overall, the module is clumsy and poorly written.
Nowhere does he check the status of the stock, the quantity of pieces in stock...

Using combination instead of customization is weird.
Your database will grow in no time and the e-shop will slow down.
It is necessary to realize that the attributes are multiplied.
So, if you have e.g. (watch) dial color 10*, strap color 10*, strap size 10*, type 10*, then Prestashop will create a multiple of these values in the database, 10 * 10 * 10 * 10 = 10,000 records.

Completely agree. There is an easy way to clear all combinations made by kickflip in their settings so can easily clear when people make combinations but its still as it should just add a custom field and the text saying customizer option 3 and in kickflip it shows the amount. 

Would there be a way to stop kickflip making combinations and just make a text or note saying combination 5 etc or just have 1 combination with any option that the customer chooses it just uses that one or something similar.

its extremely frustrating, I wish it did not make combinations, for some businesses it would be handy i guess as each combination is a physical item ( handlebar colour or material colour or seat options etc etc) but for simply adding a different text to an item or something personalised then stock levels wont change at all based on the option chosen so I don't need combinations 

It's basically very simple. It is enough to have a module that you set up in the product administration, where you enter the font selection, size (from - to), style (bold, italic, underline), color (red, blue, green, custom color picker) .... The module would connect to the hook and display what you need. But each industry has its own, and the universal module is again a retarder. A reasonable solution is a tailor-made module so that it does not contain millions of unnecessary functions that a person will not use.

1 hour ago, ps8modules.com said:

It's basically very simple. It is enough to have a module that you set up in the product administration, where you enter the font selection, size (from - to), style (bold, italic, underline), color (red, blue, green, custom color picker) .... The module would connect to the hook and display what you need. But each industry has its own, and the universal module is again a retarder. A reasonable solution is a tailor-made module so that it does not contain millions of unnecessary functions that a person will not use.

I'm happy with Kickflip as an app but its integration leaves a lot to be desired. The fact that it creates a new combination when custom text is added is just ridiculous. I can understand on colour of products or variations in products say if it was an assembly like a bike with coloured rim or coloured seats etc as you'd have to have those coloured seats or rims in stock but as far as a new combination with custom text or something that i apply to the product that's a bit annoying . 

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it goes with kickflip as they are slowly responding every couple of days to try and rectify the situation