Analytics issues

AcidLava

Hello,

I have some misunderstandings regarding Google Analytics configured on my Prestashop.

- The visits are not displayed in real-time (I see the final result of daily visits after midnight).

- The results are completely different from CloudFlare analytics, which reports hundreds of daily visits (which I seriously doubt).

- The visits displayed on the PrestaShop dashboard also show very different results.

I want to mention that I have tried several methods of configuring GA (the native PrestaShop module, a feature of the theme).

I don't know whom to trust anymore, considering that GA and CloudFlare are supposed to be reliable. Can someone guide me on these issues?

Thank you.

Hello AcidLava,

GA tracking is definitely more reliable than Prestashop. Check the installation with tag assistant for Chrome. It's a configuration problem.

In my opinion installing GA via script in source code or via Google Tag Manager is preferable to a module. In any case, use only one method.

Visits may differ from Cloudflare and Prestashop because they are counted differently from GA4, it controls the number of total visitors, as well as the number of visits.