Can I Create a Global stock level on product with combinations (So Combinations dont have individual stock)

d2iautosound

Hi all, I have a gift business where people can customize products (add text, logos etc for me to laser engrave products). For the custom work i am currently using Kickflip as it can allow customers to add text play with it and logos etc and get a real time view of what their product will look like. 

The issue i have is once they modify their product and add their text etc it creates a new combination in prestashop (even if the product was originally set to simple product). 

This is okay but the stock instantly gets set to 1000 when this happens. So if i have say 200 slate coasters and someone customizes one it will make a new combination and if they check out with it then i will have 999 left the next person does the same thing and the stock levels then go to 1998 and so on so its impossible to keep track of stock. Also if i don't have stock available then you can still go into the kickflip customizer and play with it in which case once again 1000 pieces of stock are added when you create your new combination and then they can checkout. 

Is there a way to have a default combination which has master stock level and will only go off that stock level at all? or link all other combinations that are made to that stock level automatically? 

Thanks, 

Darcy

kickflip 1.jpg