Mass product price increase

Hello all,

Im after some help with options to mass price increase products, we have a supplier that gives us 2 price increases every year and i have been doing this manually! there are over 300 products and this takes some time especially on days when i am super busy.

I have no coding experience especially PHP and i have stumbled upon a script that might do the trick! the issue is it does all of the products on the website, i just want it to do products under certain categories. How can i edit it to do this?

Here is the bit of code i found.

UPDATE ps_product_shop SET price = price*1.20
UPDATE ps_product SET price = price*1.20

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Luke

3 hours ago, Prestashop Addict said:

Hi Luke, this module on addons does the job. I found also this free module, but not tested!

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, i stumbled upon those modules myself but unfortunately the powers at be don't like to pay for things... and the free one i wasn't sure how safe that was as it wasn't on the actual presta shop addon marketplace 

Just an idea:

Can you download those products via csv? maybe you only need ID and/or reference and actual price. Then in an Excel sheet add a new column and with a formula add the new price increase to the original price. Copy and paste if the increase is the same.

Then import to products. The new prices should be updated.

Maybe your supplier can give you the new price in an Excel with price and reference, you only need this to update.

Edited by Aldeag (see edit history)

On 2/8/2024 at 12:31 PM, luke.c21hygiene said:

Hello all,

Im after some help with options to mass price increase products, we have a supplier that gives us 2 price increases every year and i have been doing this manually! there are over 300 products and this takes some time especially on days when i am super busy.

I have no coding experience especially PHP and i have stumbled upon a script that might do the trick! the issue is it does all of the products on the website, i just want it to do products under certain categories. How can i edit it to do this?

Here is the bit of code i found.

UPDATE ps_product_shop SET price = price*1.20
UPDATE ps_product SET price = price*1.20

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Luke

Hi.

Here you write "have a supplier that gives us 2 price increases every year".
So do you have a csv file available? Does the csv file have the same product code as you have in the e-shop? Then it's easy. Programming something like that is a matter of 10-15 minutes.

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)