Moving store fro subfolder to sub-domain

EcoPets

Several months ago, I set up my store on a sub-folder of my domain as I thought it would be easier to do full domain backups that way. But now I find that the Google Captcha-ReCaptcha does not work on sub-folders.  Now I am getting a lot of bot signups and it is very annoying!  I would like to move the files from the sub-folder to the subdomain.  It is all on the same server.  I have tried a couple of things on a test setup I use for testing, but can't seem to get it to reconnect to the database.  Moving the files is easy, but I am missing something in the configuration to set the proper paths.

Can anyone offer any guidance on how to do this?

Thanks!

According to Google, it only works on a full domain (mydomain.com) or subdomain (sub.mydomain.com).  If I have a login etc, in a subfolder (mydomain.com/folder), the captcha does not appear and does not protect the process.  If you know something different or how I can use it adequately in a sub folder, please explain.

OK.  How did you setup the captcha setting to get that to work?

When I try to put in the site with the subfolder, I get the error:

The following domain is invalid: https://www.eco-petsupplies.com/shop. A valid domain requires a host and must not include any protocol, path, port, query or fragment.

I am using the V2 captcha version, with the checkbox, but tried with v3 and get the same result.  I have tried leaving off the HTTPS, the www etc, but nothing works.  If I just put the domain, without the subfolder, "shop", everything works fine.  I've Googled for a solution and find nothing that explains what the issue is or how to fix it, although it seems to be a common problem, but I don't find any examples with a subfolder like I use.

Le 10/02/2024 à 12:13 AM, EcoPets a dit :

OK.  How did you setup the captcha setting to get that to work?

When I try to put in the site with the subfolder, I get the error:

The following domain is invalid: https://www.eco-petsupplies.com/shop. A valid domain requires a host and must not include any protocol, path, port, query or fragment.

As explained just add your domain www.eco-petsupplies.com or just eco-petsupplies.com if you want to use it on sub domains also.

And as I explained, my site is in a SUBFOLDER, "eco-petsupplies.com/shop".  So it is NOT a subdomain and as such is NOT protected by the captcha.  Entering ECO-PETSUPPLIES.COM/SHOP results in the error.

What I asked was how, if possible, can recaptch protect a SUBFOLDER.