Module for embded video (not youtube or vimeo)

Hi! I'm looking for modules or a theme with modules that allows me to add videos to the main page and product card next to the product photo. But this should be not youtube or vimeo links. Videos should start playing immediately.

Thanks

Google PageSpeed Insights

It's not a problem to program something like this, but no one would want to because it will really slow down the page loading.

Mobile performance 23 / 100

Computer performance 50 / 100

Example of how to insert a video into the list of images in the product detail:

<li class="thumb-container js-thumb-container">
          <div class="product-video-thumb" style="border: silver 3px solid;width: fit-content;display: inline-block;position: absolute;cursor:pointer;">
            <video id="video-background" autoplay="true" muted="" style="max-height:88px;" loop autoplay preload="true">
              <source src="/img/videos/test-video.mp4" type="video/mp4">
            </video>
          </div>
        </li>

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, can you help me also with question reg. embedding video?
I’m new here. Tried to look for the amswer through the forum, but haven’t found yet.
I’m looking for the way to enable a videos’ playback on a web page embedded, but hosted on YouTube. I gonna create a web-site for selling motion designs. I’ve not yet found a template that fits strictly. What template and module is better to choose? I can give more detailed description and website examples of what I need. Appreciate your feed-back

While keeping hope for someone’s help, here is the site of video content company exhibiting what I look for. Namely, the example of promo videos grid embedded from YouTube. As you see, they are available for playback directly on the web-site and for passing to YouTube platform to watch there. Any suggestions for theme and module to realize that functionality in web-design on PS platform?

Hi. If you have videos on YouTube, you have the option to get an iframe source. You can paste this resource into the code editor on any page. It is only necessary to have iframe enabled in the administration settings Shop Parameters => General => Allow iframes on HTML fields (Yes). Next, it's about normal HTML coding.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I just recently found out how videos on my product page are making the page really heavy. I am using the "video" widget in Elementor. I thought that they were programmed for this reason but no. Unlikely I don't see any option as in WordPress, like "lazy load" or something, that could help.
I have no idea how to make my video lighter using Elementor.
I tried modal windows or other simple solutions, but the page speed is not changing.

Any help? Very open for paid modules also...

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ZHSoft said:

For the sake of traffic, broadband, speed, and experience, I strongly recommend that you place a YouTube video link and ask customers to click to YouTube.

Hello Soft,

in e-commerce I think this is not good, you just bring the customers to another site, most of the time loosing his attention.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 2:24 PM, Frigolab-Jointlab said:

Hello!

I just recently found out how videos on my product page are making the page really heavy. I am using the "video" widget in Elementor. I thought that they were programmed for this reason but no. Unlikely I don't see any option as in WordPress, like "lazy load" or something, that could help.
I have no idea how to make my video lighter using Elementor.
I tried modal windows or other simple solutions, but the page speed is not changing.

Any help? Very open for paid modules also...

thank you!

I resolved with a module of Tecnoacquisti. At the beginning I understood was not ok for Elementor, but then it is fine.

• Like 1