Email tags not converting into order data [1.7.6.5]

Basically, we've generated and re-generated the email templates a number of times, but the email tags such as {firstname} etc never convert into the actual order/customer data. i.e. {firstname} shows as {firstname} instead of the customer's first name.

We haven't changed anything on a while on the website, what could the problem be? Where do I start looking please?

Thank you!

Hello,

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue:

1) Email Template Check:
Ensure that the email templates indeed contain the correct tags, such as {firstname}, and that they are not altered unintentionally.

2) Cache Clearing:
Clear your PrestaShop cache. Sometimes, cached data can interfere with the correct rendering of dynamic content.

3) Smarty Cache:
If you're using Smarty for template caching, try clearing the Smarty cache as well. You can do this through the back office under "Advanced Parameters" > "Performance."

4) Check PrestaShop Logs:
Check your PrestaShop error logs for any related entries. This might provide insights into what is going wrong.

5) Email Module Conflicts:
If you have any third-party email modules, there might be conflicts. Temporarily disable them and check if the issue persists.

6) Theme Compatibility:
Ensure that your theme is compatible with the PrestaShop version you are using. Theme updates might be necessary.

7) Debugging:
Enable PrestaShop debugging mode to see if any specific error messages or warnings appear when trying to send emails.

I hope this helps!

Good day

23 minutes ago, PrestaServicePro said:

Hello,

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue:

1) Email Template Check:
Ensure that the email templates indeed contain the correct tags, such as {firstname}, and that they are not altered unintentionally.

2) Cache Clearing:
Clear your PrestaShop cache. Sometimes, cached data can interfere with the correct rendering of dynamic content.

3) Smarty Cache:
If you're using Smarty for template caching, try clearing the Smarty cache as well. You can do this through the back office under "Advanced Parameters" > "Performance."

4) Check PrestaShop Logs:
Check your PrestaShop error logs for any related entries. This might provide insights into what is going wrong.

5) Email Module Conflicts:
If you have any third-party email modules, there might be conflicts. Temporarily disable them and check if the issue persists.

6) Theme Compatibility:
Ensure that your theme is compatible with the PrestaShop version you are using. Theme updates might be necessary.

7) Debugging:
Enable PrestaShop debugging mode to see if any specific error messages or warnings appear when trying to send emails.

I hope this helps!

Good day

Sadly, none of the above fixes work. Debug isn't throwing any warnings/errors either.

Also, this is not the issue with uppercase email addresses that I have been reading about as we get the same issue for lowercase email addresses/customer details etc.

Absolutely no idea what to do!

Thank you.

1 hour ago, TheSmithsDoBusiness said:

Sadly, none of the above fixes work. Debug isn't throwing any warnings/errors either.

Also, this is not the issue with uppercase email addresses that I have been reading about as we get the same issue for lowercase email addresses/customer details etc.

Absolutely no idea what to do!

Thank you.

If the issue persists and debugging hasn't provided any clues, we can proceed with a more in depth investigation.

If you are comfortable, provide us with access to your PrestaShop shop. You can send your shop access credentials in a private message, and we will take a closer look to identify and resolve the issue.

Good day