Fatal error in module file emailsubscription.php

Priva77

Hi everyone!!

a month ago I started to use Prestashop version 1.6.1.4 and then I added a module to manage my newsletter service.

Mistakenly I installed a newsletter module from a different version and consequently a few days later "modules and services" option shut down and appeared the following message:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/xenminit/domains/xanminiatures.com/public_html/modules/ps_emailsubscription/ps_emailsubscription.php:
Interface 'PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Module\WidgetInterface' not found

I would like to solve this problem and back to the previous situation as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your attention

Best regards.

errorprest1.png

Edited by Priva77 (see edit history)

Rename /modules/ps_emailsubscription/ to /modules/ps_emailsubscription_old/ on your server.

19 hours ago, Priva77 said:

a month ago I've started to use Prestashop version 1.6.1.4

Why such an outdated version? Even if you want to stick to 1.6 the latest official version was 1.6.1.24.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JBW said:

Rename /modules/ps_emailsubscription/ to /modules/ps_emailsubscription_old/ on your server.

Why such an outdated version? Even if you want to stick to 1.6 the latest official version was 1.6.1.24.

I'm completely new with Prestashop and I don't know how to have access to my server.

I'm sorry, I have the latest official version 1.6.1.24.

You need to contact your hosting provider to get access to your server. Usually they offer a hosting panel with file manager and FTP server access. If you are unexperienced be careful and take backups (should be a hosting panel option, too) before doing any changes.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JBW said:

You need to contact your hosting provider to get access to your server. Usually they offer a hosting panel with file manager and FTP server access. If you are unexperienced be careful and take backups (should be a hosting panel option, too) before doing any changes.

and if I update it to version 1.7.8.11, will this error be repaired?

Finally, I would like also know if this module file error can affect other functioning features such as order's options among others.

Thank you very much for your attention and help