Help in choosing PrestaShop or alternative CMS/eCommerce

NoOne_Lt

Hello community, i would kindly ask to lend me a hand, probably PrestaShop forum is not the best place to start asking for alternatives but let me just describe my situation.

My wife runs cosmetics distribution to B2B / B2C in Baltics. Pretty long time ago i have set up one B2B oriented shop on Joomla + JoomShopping extension, and several years later B2C on Joomla + VirtueMart. While that is not my main job after some time shops went a bit outdated and now both running on outdated joomlas / php / extensions etc. And now i am not sure i want to put effort into bringing all component up to date or have a clean start. Why i have chosen joomla and different ecoms back then - dont ask, looked like a good idea back then, and i am not saying something is rally wrong with these.

But now wife asked me to try to combine both shops and add a country and that triggered some investigation and what bothers me is that most of Baltics seems to be leaning towards: WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento PrestaShop. Most of local players have listed items covered:

• Shipping providers integrations
  • Payment processors integrations
  • ERP integrations (not the main one but in future we hope to move to some ERP like Business Central, maybe)

And for my current configuration i dont see out of the box components from most of local players or they are heavily outdated and every Joomla update frightens me :)

Long story short, would like to have some community guidance not to blindly start to heavily invest effort into one or another platform. What i need and know so far:

• I would consider shop to be quite simple one, there is around 1000 SKUs at most.
  • I will probably bee looking at some theme bundled with modules
  • I am a bit lost in grouping (but thats not platform problem), we have professional / end-user oriented items, but they come from same brands and i am not sure yet should i go:
    • Home
      • B2B items
        • Brand 1
          • Subcat 1
      • B2C
        • Brand 1
          • Subcat 2
    • Or maybe its better to have:
    • Home
      • Brand 1
        • Subcat1
        • Subcat 2 (visible only to B2B only) 
  • Prices for some product groups should be hidden for certain customer groups. Basically unregistered users should not see some Product Group prices. I know i can turn off prices for whole User Group but i need Product Group in the mix too (I think its not doable in Presta without add on or modifications)
  • Some product groups should be available / visible only for certain Customer Group (i believe that is possible in Presta and most of other solutions should cover that too)
  • Cart should be able to properly calculate multiple discounts, example is when some prod group discounted by 20% and certain Customer Group has "volume" discount witch should only be applied to products without discount. I think i've tested it and it works in Presta.
  • B2B should see their prices but ideally they should also see B2C price in the product card / list. I believe that would work if discount would be applied but i need to display prices from other Customer Group
  • Some B2B quick order input UI, i think i have seen some theme could cover that
  • Initially i want to run new shop in .lv and use it as template to run .lt, i dont think i want to run on one domain
    • But honestly i just dont know pros/cons

What i have done so far:

• Looked at what web tells and what out of the box modules local service providers has for certain platforms 
  • Deployed PrestaShop and playing around with configuration
  • Was not able to deploy Magento yet, maybe its an overkill, too techy? 
  • Know how to deploy WooCommerce but have not yet tried to configure my setup
  • Shopify - not tried yet, too SaaS'y? Looking at pricing?

What i expect from community:

• An advice on what to look for looking at my requirements.
  • Should i focus on Presta or it makes sense to look at other main players from your experience
  • Any dos / donts you have

Any input is valuable!

BR