Difficulty in Implementing Custom Payment Gateway Integration on PrestaShop

joedain65

I'm encountering challenges integrating a custom payment gateway into my PrestaShop website. Despite following the documentation provided by the payment gateway provider meticulously, I'm unable to get the integration to function correctly.

Here are some specifics about the issue I'm facing:

Integration Code: I've implemented the required code snippets provided by the payment gateway into PrestaShop, but the checkout process doesn't seem to trigger the expected functionalities.

Error Messages: During testing, I'm consistently encountering error messages such as "Payment Gateway Unavailable" or "Transaction Failed," which doesn't provide clear insights into the root cause of the problem.

Debugging Attempts: I've thoroughly reviewed my integration code, rechecked the API credentials, and cross-verified the necessary configurations multiple times. Despite this, the payment gateway doesn't seem to be communicating properly with my PrestaShop store.

Compatibility Concerns: Could there be any compatibility issues between the payment gateway and PrestaShop versions? I'm using [PrestaShop version 8.1.2] and the documentation suggests it should be compatible.

I'd greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or troubleshooting steps that can help resolve this issue and successfully integrate this custom payment gateway into my PrestaShop store. If anyone has encountered similar challenges or has successfully implemented a custom payment gateway, your guidance would be incredibly valuable.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Edited by joedain65 (see edit history)