PayPal module not visible on checkout

beamer

I have prestashop 1.6.1. I have updated the official Paypal module to v3.17.0-paypal, configured it with the API credentials and the message says successfully installed and ready to accept payments.

At checkout the pay by PayPal option does not appear. There is also pay by bank transfer and pay by cheque, both of which appear. 

I have checked the module hooks and they look correct. The displayPayment hook shows the three payment methods Paypal, Bank transfer, and cheque. I can change the position of the bank transfer and cheque and this is reflected in the checkout screen but PayPal is not shown.

The site is running PHP 7.1.33

Prior to the upgrade the site was functioning correctly.

I am at a loss to fix this and the shop is now not functional any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Graham

9 hours ago, Prestashop Addict said:

Hi Graham, try to unsinstall and reinstall the module, and configure it with accreditations. Sometimes module update causes issues 😞

I have done this and still the Pay by Pay Pal option is missing on checkout.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have a problem to connect my paypal account to my website. In fact, all is fine but at the payment step, a wheel appear and that's all. Nothing more happens.

I ask because i use the "Prestashop Checkout built with Paypal", just like you.

Is there a place in Prestashop where i must enter the api credentials ? Or is this automatic when i connect my paypal account to my shop ? I ask because this is my first website made with Prestashop. Still too many questions...

Many thanks for your answers !

Capture d’écran 2024-04-09 à 20.41.19.png

Hi I never managed to get the new PayPal module working on Prestashop 1.6. In the end I upgraded to the latest version of Prestashop and that works.

If you are using the latest version then yes you have to configure the module with the API credentials you can find it under Payment Methods.

Here is a link to some instructions https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/mktg/integration-guides/prestashop.pdf