Transition from WooCommerce to PrestaShop?

LunaLoomer

Hello E-commerce Community,

I'm reaching out for some honest opinions and insights as I contemplate a potential switch from WooCommerce to PrestaShop.

Current Challenges with WooCommerce: I've found WooCommerce to be somewhat brittle, especially when scaling a store. Major updates often make me apprehensive, given the frequent occurrence of PHP errors, particularly with payment integrator and courier plugins. I'm in need of a platform that provides stability, especially one built for E-commerce from the ground up.

This decision is crucial for a store with thousands of SKUs and a high volume of monthly orders.

For those with experience in both platforms, do you believe PrestaShop offers a more stable and scalable solution?

Are there specific features or aspects of PrestaShop that you find advantageous for handling a store with a significant number of SKUs and orders?

Your insights and experiences will be immensely valuable in guiding this decision. Thank you in advance for your contributions to this discussion!]

EHallPass

Edited by LunaLoomer (see edit history)

Hello,

WooCommerce is a great WordPress-based e-commerce platform, but I think it’s better for smaller businesses. If you’re looking to grow your store, you may want to consider switching to Prestashop, which is great for medium to large e-commerce companies because PrestaShop can give you better performance on your website compared to WooCommerce.

PrestaShop is better than WooCommerce in terms of full-featured features. It offers unlimited scalability as long as your hosting provides the necessary resources. You can integrate new features, functionalities and background processes to get the best results. PrestaShop uses a database architecture that is able to handle a large number of users. You can grow your business as much as you need to acquire more customers. Prestashop also offers advanced order management and product management, as well as shipping management.

I’ve worked on all projects like WooCommerce, Prestashop, and Magento, and these are my personal opinions based on my personal experience.

Thanks.

On 1/3/2024 at 1:59 PM, dinesh badrukhiya said:

Hello,

WooCommerce is a great WordPress-based e-commerce platform, but I think it’s better for smaller businesses. If you’re looking to grow your store, you may want to consider switching to Prestashop, which is great for medium to large e-commerce companies because PrestaShop can give you better performance on your website compared to WooCommerce.

PrestaShop is better than WooCommerce in terms of full-featured features. It offers unlimited scalability as long as your hosting provides the necessary resources. You can integrate new features, functionalities and background processes to get the best results. PrestaShop uses a database architecture that is able to handle a large number of users. You can grow your business as much as you need to acquire more customers. Prestashop also offers advanced order management and product management, as well as shipping management.

I’ve worked on all projects like WooCommerce, Prestashop, and Magento, and these are my personal opinions based on my personal experience.

Thanks.

I am also looking to migrate from Shopify to Prestashop. As my store grows, I can see the website speed getting slower. Day by day, it is taking more time to load the store. I am not happy with the core web vitals as well. I believe that in terms of speed optimization, there are only a few and limited resources available on Shopify. I hear some good reviews about prestashop. 

Please also give insight on this store.