IMPORT function full of bugs?

stuffdone

It would appear that the CSV import function is buggy and not useful.

I have tried and tried and tried and cannot seem to satisfy that option no matter what I do.

Has anyone 1) gotten it to work or b) had any luck with developers fixing it?

The category ID must be unique. It can't be the same as the one for Root or Home category.

I am down to one error but nothing seems to fix it.  Each product ID IS UNIQUE number starting with 1 and incrementing.  I tried the option to let the import assign ID and that results in the exact same error.

I tried with the column for product ID deletes. Get more errors.

I tried with the ID column empty and the option to let Presta assign and same error about requiring unique ID.

I think this qualifies as a bug.

Because of the number of products I am at a stand still with this whole project until the IMPORT issues can be resolved.

What version of PS you using?

Are you trying to import PRODUCTS or COMBINATIONS?

PS 8.1 has an issue with Combinations but Products are working

From your message it does say Category ID is the issue - are you using Names or Numbers in this column?

Have you got the correct format? - This is one of mine that works on my site - Games/Couples Games/Other Games or you could just replace it with the category ID 224 in this example.

Are you trying to put in multiple categories?  They should be separated by 'commas' i.e 224, 290, or Games/Couples Games, Games/Party Games puts the product into 2 different categories.

If you are doing this then need to save the CSV file using a delimiter that isn't a comma otherwise columns don't line up.

Have you got a screenshot from Advanced parameters > Import > Products > Match your data page