I'm in search for a cash delivery Module form

Hello everyone, I'm in search of a module similar to the one available on Shopify, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything comparable in PrestaShop:

https://apps.shopify.com/releasit-cod-order-form?locale=es&surface_detail=orders-and-shipping-delivery-and-pickups-cash-collect-on-delivery-cod&surface_inter_position=1&surface_intra_position=1&surface_type=category&surface_version=redesign

As you can see, it essentially provides a Cash on Delivery checkout option on the product detail page, allowing you to customize the form, even with an offer. If you are aware of any similar modules, please kindly share.

Edited by Nicolas Falla
grammar (see edit history)

• Nicolas Falla changed the title to I'm in search for a cash delivery Module form
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 9:05 AM, Nicolas Falla said:

Hello everyone, I'm in search of a module similar to the one available on Shopify, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything comparable in PrestaShop:

https://apps.shopify.com/releasit-cod-order-form?locale=es&surface_detail=orders-and-shipping-delivery-and-pickups-cash-collect-on-delivery-cod&surface_inter_position=1&surface_intra_position=1&surface_type=category&surface_version=redesign

As you can see, it essentially provides a Cash on Delivery checkout option on the product detail page, allowing you to customize the form, even with an offer. If you are aware of any similar modules, please kindly share.

PrestaShop offers several modules that provide a Cash on Delivery (COD) checkout option on the product detail page and allow for customization of the form, including the ability to offer promotions. To find the right module, check module reviews, ratings, and compatibility with your PrestaShop version before making a decision.

18 minutes ago, HalfWolf said:

PrestaShop offers several modules that provide a Cash on Delivery (COD) checkout option on the product detail page and allow for customization of the form, including the ability to offer promotions. To find the right module, check module reviews, ratings, and compatibility with your PrestaShop version before making a decision.

Thank you for your answer. I searched the available ones on PrestaShop marketplace, but I couldn’t find anything similar to the Shopify one that I left as an example

On 12/5/2023 at 1:02 AM, ps8moduly.cz said:

Hi.

Everything is possible in Prestashop settings.

1. create a carrier for the virtual product

2. select the carrier in the virtual product detail

3. you can disable payment methods in the Payment => Configuration settings and in the Carrier Restrictions section

I think you didn't see the Shopify module, if you look at the module you can order on the product detail page, not in the checkout section.

Hi.

To reassure you, there is no such module and I don't think there will be anytime soon. Prestashop's ordering process is much more complicated than Shopify's. The development and sustainability of such a module for Prestashop versions would mean for the developer to constantly adapt the module to new versions of Prestashop, as there are many changes in each new release.

56 minutes ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

Hi.

To reassure you, there is no such module and I don't think there will be anytime soon. Prestashop's ordering process is much more complicated than Shopify's. The development and sustainability of such a module for Prestashop versions would mean for the developer to constantly adapt the module to new versions of Prestashop, as there are many changes in each new release.

Hello PS8, the provided answer doesn't calm me down. It's a disheartening response; our e-commerce platform needs a reliable solution for easy purchases, especially when people are hesitant to trust us in the initial stages.

Any advice on building trust at the outset would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Building trust in online shopping is absolutely essential for online stores. Here's how to get repeat orders and how to build e-shop customer loyalty.

Online shopping is already a common trend. Young customers prefer to shop and interact with retailers online because they have grown up in the digital age. Many consumers will ask their friends for references on social media or look at online reviews before making a purchase. Fast-growing and highly competitive online sales bring new opportunities as well as challenges to small and medium-sized entrepreneurs.

On one hand, you can advertise and sell your products online through multiple channels to customers in different parts of the world. On the other hand, there is a lot of competition in the market. Today's customers can easily compare products and prices online and read reviews to find out what real customers think about your products. To succeed in such a competitive environment, you really need to build trust in your brand and maintain positive relationships with customers.

Trust is the cornerstone of customer relationships in the e-commerce market. Because customers cannot physically see or touch the products. And after ordering, they have to wait for the (already paid for) products to be delivered to them. Because online shoppers face these uncertainties, they only want to buy from suppliers they trust. But how do you build trust with online-only customers? I bring you some advice.

1. Ensure data security

Consumers want to ensure that their personal information is securely protected. They obviously don't want their bank card numbers stolen. Some customers only shop on sites they know are safe for this very reason.To protect customer data, use only a trusted e-commerce platform, strictly follow all GDPR-based rules, use only known payment gateways, train your employees in cybersecurity and privacy best practices. And inform your e-shop visitors about all this.

2. Reduce uncertainties

Provide detailed and accurate information about products and delivery times to ensure that your customers' expectations match the product they receive. For example, you may want to provide details about materials, sizing and garment care instructions. In the case of electronics, you should also provide instructions for use and a detailed overview of functions. In addition, preview images must show the product as accurately as possible and from all sides. If the product image is enlarged to show a detail, you should also inform about this fact on the product page. You can also post product videos on company websites and social media for some product categories, such as tech products and electronics. Videos can give your customers a better idea of product features and how to use them.

3. Encourage positive reviews

Today's customers rely on peer reviews to make online purchase decisions. They can look at online store review sites to evaluate the quality of products and services provided, or ask their social media friends for product recommendations. Many consumers trust their friends and the opinions of other consumers far more than advertisements and promotional materials. So you need to foster a positive reputation for your company by providing high-quality products or services, interacting with your customers, and offering customer care through your customers' preferred channels. Positive online reviews and ratings can help you build customer trust online.

4. Improve the design

Shoppers usually feel that e-shops with outdated or amateurish graphics are not trustworthy. You must therefore present your products in a modern way and regularly adapt the design of your e-shop to current trends. Also, regularly check your e-shop for "dead links" and remove them to ensure that all the information customers find on your site is up-to-date. The sales process in the cart is also very important. According to the latest statistics, the shopping cart abandonment rate is higher than 69%. So pay close attention to the settings of payment methods and shipping methods. Also try to increase the loading speed of your online store, offer more payment options, improve the design, simplify the sales process and make sure that your website is responsive (adapted for all sizes of display devices). With a well-designed online store, you can increase sales and build customer trust.

5. Work on the content

You also need to create relevant and valuable content on your online store to increase your brand awareness and credibility, attract new customers and engage with existing customers. Publish informative content such as research articles, infographics, webinars, videos and podcasts on your e-shop and social media. Videos are a particularly good way to teach customers how to use your products. The content of your posts must be original, current, informative, educational and relevant to your audience. With credible content, you can demonstrate your industry leadership, increase your company's credibility, and build audience trust in your organization.

Cash on delivery.

By doing so, you take on the risk that the customer will not accept the shipment.

Then you will be at a loss for shipping.

There are many customers who order something and then find a cheaper product by a few pennies. By charging a shipping fee for an unclaimed package, you can get negative references.

And you end up in an endless circle.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/51146-advanced-bank-transfer-support-all-offline-payments.html

Advanced Bank Transfer - Support all offline payments

Unlimited add any number of bank account receipt information:Bank Transfer, Check, Western Union, etc.Accept wire payments by displaying your account details during the checkout and make it easy for your customers to purchase on your store.

20 minutes ago, ZHSoft said:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/51146-advanced-bank-transfer-support-all-offline-payments.html

Advanced Bank Transfer - Support all offline payments

Unlimited add any number of bank account receipt information:Bank Transfer, Check, Western Union, etc.Accept wire payments by displaying your account details during the checkout and make it easy for your customers to purchase on your store.

He is looking for a module that will have the COD on the product page, not until the checkout 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 10:26 PM, ps8moduly.cz said:

Cash on delivery.

By doing so, you take on the risk that the customer will not accept the shipment.

Then you will be at a loss for shipping.

There are many customers who order something and then find a cheaper product by a few pennies. By charging a shipping fee for an unclaimed package, you can get negative references.

And you end up in an endless circle.

In my country, Colombia, the situation is quite complex, and people don't tend to have much confidence in e-commerce. Therefore, if you are starting a business, it would be advisable to default to offering cash on delivery.

So I will repeat again that there is no such module. Development would be expensive. You can leave only one payment method (COD). On the product page, you can add information that the payment is only (COD).

obrazek.thumb.png.9af4afb95839cdf610b96f10c5dad8b9.png

You can have the module programmed according to your wishes.

But expect a high price.

The development of such a module involves at least 30 programming hours.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/235-job-offers/

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)