Hide cash on delivery payment on virtual products

nikoz

Hi, I'm using Prestahop 1.7
I want to hide/disable the COD payment method for virtual products. I searched a lot on the forums and I only found a few topics very old or addons that I have to buy.
I think this should be a very basic function for PrestaShop without having to buy new addons. 
I have some virtual products (gift cards) and when someone buys one I don't want to be displayed the cash on delivery choice because it is confusing and irrelevant.
How can I achieve this ? Maybe adding a piece of code somewhere ?

Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 12:44 PM, nikoz said:

Hi, I'm using Prestahop 1.7
I want to hide/disable the COD payment method for virtual products. I searched a lot on the forums and I only found a few topics very old or addons that I have to buy.
I think this should be a very basic function for PrestaShop without having to buy new addons. 
I have some virtual products (gift cards) and when someone buys one I don't want to be displayed the cash on delivery choice because it is confusing and irrelevant.
How can I achieve this ? Maybe adding a piece of code somewhere ?

You can also read a detailed guide about Merchant cash advance at Thenewsinsides.

Thank you in advance

Hi there! I understand your concern regarding the need to disable the COD payment method for virtual products in PrestaShop 1.7. While there might not be a built-in function for this, there are a few options you can explore. One suggestion is to check if the product name contains the term "virtual" and, if true, hide/disable the COD payment method.

Another option is to look for third-party modules on PrestaShop Addons that offer this functionality. These modules might require a purchase, but they can provide you with the customization and control you need. It's important to review module ratings, reviews, and compatibility before making a decision. Hope this helps!

Edited by HalfWolf (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1