2 warehouses - possible to show different shipping options?

aglatara63

Hello

I'm working on prestashop 1.6.1.0

I am starting to use the warehouse option because i will no longer be shipping my new products from here but they will ship from another country.

Problem I encounter: a customer purchases product A which I am shipping myself from country A with 4 different shipping options and prices (non tracked, tracked, delivery in relay store, delivery at home)

AND

same customer in the same order purchases product B which will ship from a different country, country B, which only as 1 shipping option.

Prestashop does add shipping A + shipping B, which is exactly what I need BUT for country A where exist 4 different shipping options and prices, it does not offer them to the buyer, it just takes the cheapest option of all 4.

I've read other topics and I'm not sure it can be dealt with sadly because that's the only problem I face with the warehouse option which I thought is a great idea and totally suits my situation.

Anyone?

I guess you have to configure this from the product configuration page, where you can select which carriers are available for each product. If you don't select any, then all available may be available for the product as well.

Then also you can customize the details of each product, by adding dimensions and weight, so you can choose shipping rules accordingly as well.

Also, if you have products in another country, you may think about the option of duplicating the product in your catalog, so the ones in country A may be offerend shipping A and the ones in country B may be offered carrier B.

Your case is very special and you're using quite an old version of Prestashop. So you either work smart and find a way out with tricks like this, or you need a custom solution that may be using a paid module (be careful because it's difficult to find good ones compatible with ASM) or you may have to pay a savvy programmer to code for you a custom solution

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eutanasio said:

I guess you have to configure this from the product configuration page, where you can select which carriers are available for each product. If you don't select any, then all available may be available for the product as well.

Then also you can customize the details of each product, by adding dimensions and weight, so you can choose shipping rules accordingly as well.

Also, if you have products in another country, you may think about the option of duplicating the product in your catalog, so the ones in country A may be offerend shipping A and the ones in country B may be offered carrier B.

Your case is very special and you're using quite an old version of Prestashop. So you either work smart and find a way out with tricks like this, or you need a custom solution that may be using a paid module (be careful because it's difficult to find good ones compatible with ASM) or you may have to pay a savvy programmer to code for you a custom solution

thanks for your answer

i'll develop a bit more.

"Also, if you have products in another country, you may think about the option of duplicating the product in your catalog, so the ones in country A may be offerend shipping A and the ones in country B may be offered carrier B."

product B is not to be shipped by country A (me) since the product is in country B. In fact I have no issue with the warehouse option when a customer purchases either product A or product B. The issue is when a customer buys in the same order product A + product B (meaning two different packages going to the same location but from two different countries)

currently, for product A shipping from country A, with the warehouse option enabled, the customer does have the 5 different shipping options possible when shipping from country A (just like when i didn't use the warehouse option, because I was only shipping stuff from country A before that), regardless of the customers location:

1.thumb.JPG.9c0241196f351b7ea75dcb7cffb2196e.JPG

if I empty the cart and adds product B which ships from country B which only has 1 shipping method the customer does have that 1 shipping method showing:

2.thumb.JPG.54c8be7aaca7cab9031b58bf8c4c15a2.JPG

So far so good.

However, when I try to take advantage of the warehouse option, meaning 1 customer can purchase product A shipping from country A and product B shipping from country B, the addition of shipping costs works (which is what I want because there will be 2 packages), sadly, what I would like is for the customer to be able to choose what type of shipping he wants for product A (for product B shipping from country B he will never have the choice since there is only 1 shipping method from country B).

But instead, I have this, with just a price, no text at all. (the price is the addition of the 1 shipping method of country B and the cheapest shipping method of country A, 10+13=13):

3.thumb.JPG.6afc50e8c97c2e51005db1af507c97f4.JPG

It's like they did 95% of the work and I had hopes it would work, but I'm starting to think there is no way to make multiple shipping to work, not perfectly but at least ok. Indeed, custom coding seems the way to go, but it looks so dumb not to have implemented that all the way through.

Yes this is standard behavior of Prestashop when calculating the shipping costs. I had also an issue with this feature that have recently been resolved in this post:

Check the Class Cart.php (method getPackageList), here it calculates the shipping costs, you may be able to change the logic on what carrier is choosen, but don't know about letting the customer choose delivery method on this complex case of yours.

• Like 1

I realize prestashop is chosing the least expensive shipping option by default in this case of combined shipping of two packages (the 10€ for package B shipping from country + the 3€ for package A shipping from country A among 5 different shipping options = 13€ combined shipping), because I have in the preferences section of the transportation costs: the least expensive shows first. (I think that's the reason)

Other options available: best note, or any of the carriers I have created.

Still shitty to not be able to have any text or explanation to the customer there, and of course, no choice of carriers for package A, instead just this showing.

3.thumb.JPG.6afc50e8c97c2e51005db1af507c97f4.JPG.6de49236372865e287aa1b26a8a8c409.JPG

but yeah this seems almost unsolvable unless important coding

24 minutes ago, aglatara63 said:

I realize prestashop is chosing the least expensive shipping option by default in this case of combined shipping of two packages (the 10€ for package B shipping from country + the 3€ for package A shipping from country A among 5 different shipping options = 13€ combined shipping), because I have in the preferences section of the transportation costs: the least expensive shows first. (I think that's the reason)

Other options available: best note, or any of the carriers I have created.

Still shitty to not be able to have any text or explanation to the customer there, and of course, no choice of carriers for package A, instead just this showing.

3.thumb.JPG.6afc50e8c97c2e51005db1af507c97f4.JPG.6de49236372865e287aa1b26a8a8c409.JPG

but yeah this seems almost unsolvable unless important coding

exactly! as you said The only option is coding

Edited by Eutanasio
slang (see edit history)

I realize now that this has nothing to do with the warehouse option.

I took the warehouse option off, then created 2 new items.

item A goes with shipping A or B

item B goes with shipping C or D

prestashop is able to add combined shipping yes (the addition of any of those shipping will be made based upon your choice in Shipping>Preferences: the least expensive or the best noted, or by position) but it's not able to show the different possibilities to the customer. However, it does give you 2 invoices with the right shipping with the right item but this is not by customer's choice.

that's too bad

i'm quite surprised that no one took time to address this issue but that's how it is

On 11/13/2023 at 2:55 PM, Eutanasio said:

So I installed prestashop 1.7.8.10 on an easy php set up

and boom same result

i can't believe it's not able to deal with that, I have the exact same delivery option: no text, no choice, just the addition of the 2 cheapest

Capture3.JPG.feb889f635a6c86dbbbd466ed368d1e3.JPG

Do you know if prestashop 8 can deal with this?