Stupid mistake when moving to a new server...

arjena

I just moved to a new VPS. My old VPS was running on a very old Debian version and it was easier to move to a new server than to try and update the old server. But I made a stupid mistake... The new server is running Debian 12, where PHP7 is no longer an (standard) option. So after moving all my domains to the new server I was greeted with the dreaded 'internal server error 500' when I went to the domain of my shop. Of course i should have migrated to PS8 before the move, but it is too late for that now... I believe it is possible to compile PHP7 under Debian 12, but I that would break other things and in general seems too much hassle. 
My old server however is still accessible so I thought I might try to upgrade PS there and then move the whole thing to the new server. 

That appears to be a problem though... Of course, somewhere in the database there is a shop url so when I open the site on my old server it immediately opens the site on the new server. The old server is now accessible 'through ip_number/~username'. But when I change the url entry in the database to that I get a redirection error. So I guess there is something else I have to change, but what?

I could also download everything from the old server and try to figure it out on a local server (I have a `Debian 11 server' running at home), but an 'admin backup' from DirectAdmin does not seem to include the database so I'm lost here...

Edited by arjena (see edit history)

I changed browser and now I have access. Even though I cleared the caches in the other browser. So I managed to update the shop on the old server. Of course it looks like @#$! because the theme I used is not supported in PS8. But at least I now have a shop I can work on and transfer to my new server later on.