[SOLVED] Unknown error at every import

Hi,

I'm trying to import categories, brands, products to a new database and I'm getting "error" message at every import. No matter what I've tried, the result is the same, it displays an "error" message. Last import was a .csv file only with the name of the brands to make the import as simple as possible. Please look at the first image I've attached with error at 105/185.

Considering the import gave the error at line 105/185 I edited the import file and left only 100 lines in the file (including the header). Did the import from start and now the error is at line 25/99. See the second image I've attached.

Could you give me some advice how to fix this error ?

Screenshot_6.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Edited by Adrian.V (see edit history)

In the meantime, it seems that I found where the problem was, so I'm writing the solution to be noted in case someone encounters this problem in the future.

At each import I had the "Send notification email" option enabled, but it seems that the setting in Advanced Parameters > E-mail was not correct. I had "Use /usr/sbin/sendmail (recommended; works in most cases)" active. After I changed to "Set my own SMTP parameters (for advanced users ONLY)" the import was completed without showing me "error" in red.

The import completes without error even if I switch back to "Use /usr/sbin/sendmail (recommended; works in most cases)", but I disable the "Send notification email" at import step.

• Adrian.V changed the title to [SOLVED] Unknown error at every import