Add special product packaging (box) to products?

NixxxoN

Hi, I've been going round in circles trying to find a way to solve my problem, no luck for now :(

I want something which "should" be very simple... I'm working on a candy ecommerce shop (PS 1.7.8) and I want to add special packaging option (small additional fee) but without using combinations as it requires to manage stock...

So Imagine the structure I have is like this:
-Base product, a given candy type (no stock, no price, just info and photos), can't be purchased
   -Variation 1 - Small bag of candies (given stock, given price)
   -Variation 2 - Large bag of candies (given stock, given price)

So what I want is to place an option to add special packaging (Box) but without need to use combinations because in this way I need to do 4 variants, and each variant requires stock... I dont want to manage stock for products with and without boxes as separate things.

Any easy way to solve this?
Thanks in advance!

20 hours ago, NixxxoN said:

Hi, I've been going round in circles trying to find a way to solve my problem, no luck for now :(

I want something which "should" be very simple... I'm working on a candy ecommerce shop (PS 1.7.8) and I want to add special packaging option (small additional fee) but without using combinations as it requires to manage stock...

So Imagine the structure I have is like this:
-Base product, a given candy type (no stock, no price, just info and photos), can't be purchased
   -Variation 1 - Small bag of candies (given stock, given price)
   -Variation 2 - Large bag of candies (given stock, given price)

So what I want is to place an option to add special packaging (Box) but without need to use combinations because in this way I need to do 4 variants, and each variant requires stock... I dont want to manage stock for products with and without boxes as separate things.

Any easy way to solve this?
Thanks in advance!

Hello,

We understand the challenges you're facing, especially when it comes to handling product variations and additional options that don't necessarily alter the core product attributes. To assist you in navigating this, we've outlined a solution for you:

Assisting with Product Attributes & Customization:

1. Guidance on Candy Size Attributes: Instead of resorting to combinations, you might consider leveraging product attributes to categorize the different sizes of candy bags. This allows you to have:
    - Variation 1: Small bag of candies
    - Variation 2: Large bag of candies

2. Facilitating Special Packaging Customization: PrestaShop comes with a handy feature known as "Product Customization". It's designed to let customers introduce custom text, files, etc., during their purchase. You can utilize this feature for your special packaging needs:

- Navigate to your product's edit section in the back office.
    - Within the "Customization" tab, introduce a new customization field of the type "Text", perhaps naming it "Special Packaging" or something similar.
    - When setting the product's price, you can factor in the extra cost for special packaging. Ensure that your code dynamically adjusts the price based on this customization.

By default product customization doesn't offer price impact you can try changing the code in the core classes where customization is fetched such it gives you proper cost.

We hope these suggestions help simplify the process for you. Let us know if you have any more questions or need further assistance. We're here to help!

17 hours ago, Knowband Plugins said:

Hello,

We understand the challenges you're facing, especially when it comes to handling product variations and additional options that don't necessarily alter the core product attributes. To assist you in navigating this, we've outlined a solution for you:

Assisting with Product Attributes & Customization:

1. Guidance on Candy Size Attributes: Instead of resorting to combinations, you might consider leveraging product attributes to categorize the different sizes of candy bags. This allows you to have:
    - Variation 1: Small bag of candies
    - Variation 2: Large bag of candies

2. Facilitating Special Packaging Customization: PrestaShop comes with a handy feature known as "Product Customization". It's designed to let customers introduce custom text, files, etc., during their purchase. You can utilize this feature for your special packaging needs:

- Navigate to your product's edit section in the back office.
    - Within the "Customization" tab, introduce a new customization field of the type "Text", perhaps naming it "Special Packaging" or something similar.
    - When setting the product's price, you can factor in the extra cost for special packaging. Ensure that your code dynamically adjusts the price based on this customization.

We hope these suggestions help simplify the process for you. Let us know if you have any more questions or need further assistance. We're here to help!

Thanks for the suggestion, I already explored this possibility but you need some core modifications... So in the end I chose to take the accessories route, so the box would be like an accessory of the products, and as far as I know I need a paid plugin to add accessories to any product I want, plus I could add more than one different packaging aswell, so, the best option is to go for this.

Thanks anyway!