Presta Shop™ 1.6.0.9 - What is the minimum PHP version for this?

Lsepolis123

I have an old Presta shop e-shop
Presta Shop™ 1.6.0.9 -

What is the minimum PHP version for this?

What is the minimum/maximum MySQL version for this?

My VPS Server is old and needs to migrate to a new Alma Linux 8.x server.... min PHP 7.2... well...?

For now, I just needed to make it work... later may consider changing/migrating to the new Presta Shop™ version... that is supported...

I am getting errors such as:

Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/xyz123/public_html/shop/classes/db/DbQuery.php:70

Here is line 70:

{
                if (!empty($table))
                        $this->query['from'][] = '`'._DB_PREFIX_.$table.'`'.($alias ? ' '.$alias : '');
                return $this;
        }

my hosting company support says:

Hello,

The lowest PHP version that can be used is PHP 7.2 with AlmaLinux 8. Here is the error for https://xyxz.zyxzyx/shop:

To fix it, you would need to change the code as the php 7.1+ requires you to set the array first before the element variable. 

Your option is to update your site code to be compatible with php 7.2. Upgrade your prestashop. Or have cloudlinux installed for the server and use php 7.0. I believe the cost for cloudlinux is $25 a month. It does look like the source server uses cloudlinux.

>>> Is there any temporary easy solution, for these errors?

<<<

===

Edited by Lsepolis123 (see edit history)

There is a section for that here https://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/115-upgrading-prestashop-from-a-previous-version/

Embarking on such an upgrade yourself is not reasonable without more experience and knowledge of Prestashop. You may lose all your data and it cannot be recovered. The most reasonable thing is to install a stable version of Prestashop and then transfer data to it. This requires a lot of custom scripts, as databases and tables have big differences between versions.

Your last suggestion is best for me

Installing the newest version 

And migrating data from ancient version 1.6.0.9 to newest version.

I am full stack PHP web developer 
Do you recommend installing Presta-Shop from cPanel? Or by downloading zip file?

About this ^ in cPanel, about auto-updates, do you recommend setting yes minor auto updates but No major not auto? If not, what you recommend?

About installing Prestashop 1.6.0.9 in PHP 7.0-7.1 locally, xampp, as my centos7.9 VPS server is going to be retired, and plan migrate to Alma Linux 8.x all websites min php 7.2-7.3… 

well, is possible to install xampp with php 5.6-7.1… in a spare PC Windows 10? Currently, …, How?

In case, prior let my old centos7.9 gone, I have to plan ahead and do all my backups locally and my prestashop product exports? Also, I can download current website eshop 1.6.0.9 prestashop the old version in an old PC and run localhost, in case need it for anything… is it good idea?

It will definitely be better to download the zip and install it yourself. Be sure to make a backup and make sure that all files are downloaded. If possible, zip everything on the server and then download the zip archive. Also be careful with the database, there may be triggers and the like.

Xampp must be properly configured.

The plugins purchased for 1.6.0.9 should work with the fresh new installation in...? same domain...

XAMPP with PHP 7.1, should find a legacy old XAMPP installation file... ?

what EXPORTS/backups in CSV, XLSX, or SQL file formats, HAVE TO BE TAKEN From the current ancient/old installation of 1.6.0.9...?

SAYING PLUGINS, I do not mean migration plugins but

like Social Login, ETC PURCHASED LONG AGO Plugins, FOR use in the e-shop... NOT for migration... well???? 

The plugins purchased for 1.6.0.9should work with the fresh new installation in...? same domain...

XAMPP with PHP 7.1, should find a legacy old XAMPP installation file...?

what EXPORTS/backups in CSV, XLSX, or SQL file formats, HAVE TO BE TAKEN From the current ancient/old installation of 1.6.0.9...?

Plugins for Prestashop 1.6 will not work if your module developer does not support it. You have to check that for yourself.

Are you asking me what to export and how?
As I wrote to you, the tutorial would be several pages long.
Everything is already answered for you in the forum, just search.

If you don't think you can handle this migration task, hire a developer who will ensure and guarantee the success of the migration.

okay,

If plugins/modules are upgraded by their developer, for newer Prestashop versions, then can the license be reused and, not need to pay another license, correct?

If this job is assigned to a Prestashop developer for the migration task only, rates about payment, how much are about? e.g. 150-500US$...?

If someone is going to do that, you can't copy one database to another. It is necessary to make a complete ftp, database backup. Then use a script to create XML with baskets, customers, addresses, etc. And only then import data from XML into the new version of PS. You also have to think about the fact that one omission in the configuration can mean that the customer does not log in to the new e-shop, etc. There are many pitfalls.

• 2 weeks later...