Add fields to the customer view in the Back Office

Hello, everyone:

I need to show two new fields on the backoffice. I have them in the db on the customer table.

I just need to know how to get the data from the db to de view, where I already could prepare de field presentation.

I want to show it in the marked area in the picture.

Thanks in advance.

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-17 a las 18.05.14.png

Hello, how are you? Changing the files in the back office is not a good idea; it can cause many problems when updating PrestaShop. Ideally, you should find a module that allows you to display more fields in the customer table in the back office without modifying the customer table or using overrides (overrides also cause many problems when updating PrestaShop). It's not difficult to do, and there should be several options available.

Hello,

Thanks for the advice. But I think that buying a module is to much for that task.

I have everything working since getting the data from the user to storage it in the DB. I just need to get the data in the back office.

It was something easy before but I don't know how to do it since 1.7 update.

I hope someone knows which files I need to edit.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Using overrides in PrestaShop is generally considered a bad practice because they can lead to significant maintenance challenges and compatibility issues. Overrides modify the core behavior of PrestaShop, which can cause conflicts with future updates or other modules. When PrestaShop is updated, there's a risk that these overrides may not be compatible with the new version, leading to a broken site or lost functionalities. I'm not saying it, the AI is saying it.