Issues during local PrestaShop installation

ardeleanu.radu

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install PrestaShop locally by downloading everything from GitHub using the terminal.

At the end of the asset setup, I encounter an error for which I can't seem to find a solution. Has anyone else encountered this issue before? Do you know how it can be resolved? Perhaps you have another solution to proceed with the installation?

"git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop -b 8.0.x"

I've tried it on both MAC and Windows (MAMP and Laragon).

I've attached a file with the logs.

Nuovo Documento di testo.txt

Hi,

• Make sure that you are using compatible versions of Node.js and npm. Prestashop may have specific requirements for these. In your case, you are using Node.js v12.22.12 and npm v6.14.16, which should be fine, but double-check Prestashop's documentation for any specific requirements.
  • The error message mentions "Exit status 2." To get more details about the error, look for additional error messages or warnings in the terminal output.
  • If the error persists, check the Webpack configuration for the project. It's possible that there is an issue with the Webpack configuration file (webpack.config.js). Ensure that it is correctly set up and all dependencies are properly defined.
  • The error message also includes NODE_ENV=production webpack. Ensure that any environment variables used in the build process are correctly defined or that the NODE_ENV variable is set to an appropriate value.
  • Sometimes, the build process can fail due to artifacts from previous builds. Try cleaning the project before building again.
  • Check Prestashop's GitHub repository and issue tracker to see if others have encountered a similar issue and if there are any suggested solutions or workarounds.

I hope this would help!

Thanks