The problem with any update from 1.7.8.7 to 1.7.8.10 or 8.1.2.

Tomi14

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to update the store to a newer version. I'm updating/disabling/removing various modules and changing the target version. I can't seem to find a solution.

The message I receive when trying to update from 1.7.8.7 -> 1.7.8.10 

image.png.f1434ba494e57cd96c9771287c1980c4.png

When I try to update from 1.7.8.7 to 8.1.2 - the update is successful.

When I try to access the back office, it displays:

"Attempted to call an undefined method named "jsonDecode" of class "Tools". [Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\UndefinedMethodError 0]"

"Attempted to call an undefined method named "jsonDecode" of class "Tools". [Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\UndefinedMethodError 0]"

After adding this to the tools.php file, I was able to briefly access the back office.

image.png.cf6e605039e37949febe92e3ebebdcfb.png

Unfortunately, none of the modules wanted to update. The message displayed was as follows:

The option "dsn" with value "https://###.ingest.sentry.io/###" is invalid.

And the store stops working

image.png.eb5aeb6fb837f62cf50e5e6e42550241.png

Can anyone help?

18 hours ago, Tomi14 said:
The option "dsn" with value "https://###.ingest.sentry.io/###" is invalid.

The error message related to the "dsn" option suggests that there might be a problem with the configuration of your Sentry error tracking system.

Verify the configuration settings for Sentry in your PrestaShop installation. Ensure that the "dsn" option is correctly set to your Sentry project's URL.

If you're not using Sentry for error tracking, you can try disabling or removing the Sentry-related module or code from your PrestaShop installation.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Tomi14 said:

Thanks. Do you know how to remove it?

Before making any changes to your Prestashop store, it's crucial to create a full backup of your website. This ensures that you can restore your site if anything goes wrong during the uninstallation process.

If you want to uninstall the module, Log in to your Prestashop admin BO

• Goto Modules page and find the module to uninstall and in that module's detail page you should find an Uninstall button, Click on it.
  • Prestashop will ask you to confirm the uninstallation. Confirm that you want to uninstall the module.
  • After uninstalling the module, it's a good practice to clear the PrestaShop cache to ensure that there are no remnants of the module left in the system.
  •  It's also important to thoroughly test your store to ensure that it's functioning correctly without any issues caused by the removed module.

(Optional) - If you want to completely remove all traces of the module from your server, you can manually delete the module's files and folder from the "modules" directory in your PrestaShop installation.

Please note that some modules may have dependencies with other modules or core functionality of Prestashop. In such cases, you might need to disable or remove the dependent modules first before uninstalling the main module

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed.
Restoring the /SRC folder from old backup from 2022 (Prestashop 1.7.8.2, I think) to the one from 1.7.8.7 helped.
After restoring, the problem disappeared and the store was updated to 1.7.8.10 without any problems
Regards :)