1.7.8.x - "Not maintained anymore"

Hi all!

I just watched this video: 

I'm still on 1.7.8.x branch and I'll quote some sentences from this video:

- " as part of the extended securitysupport period we released 1.7.8.10 (...) we decided to also release the security for this version as well, even though this version after the release of 8.1, is not really maintained anymore when it comes to bug fixes, SECURITY FIXES and so on"

- "if you want to make sure that you are receiving all the security fixes (...), make sure to upgrade to Prestashop 8.1"

My feeling about this video (and this is maybe the speaker is not native english speaker (?)) is that prestashop is slowly forgetting the guidelines that they wrote some time ago: " this means that patch releases of PrestaShop 1.7.8 will only be published if critical bugs are reported or if security fixes are needed.", "This maintenance period will end when PrestaShop 9.0.0 is released. When this day comes, PrestaShop 1.7 will not be maintained anymore." Source: https://build.prestashop-project.org/news/2023/178-in-extended-support-phase/

A security fix should ALWAYS be read as something important, so I don't understand this "favor" that the development team did to us... if there's a commitment to provide SEVERE bug fixes and SECURITY bug fixes, this should be honored.

Any software project (paid or "free") should stick to the plan having a straight and clear communication. 

Am I the only one who got confused?

Any thoughts?

Which is the problem?

As you said:

this means that patch releases of PrestaShop 1.7.8 will only be published if critical bugs are reported or if security fixes are needed.

Then:

as part of the extended security support period we released 1.7.8.10 (...) we decided to also release the security for this version as well

2 minutes ago, joseantgv said:

Which is the problem?

As you said:

this means that patch releases of PrestaShop 1.7.8 will only be published if critical bugs are reported or if security fixes are needed.

Then:

as part of the extended security support period we released 1.7.8.10 (...) we decided to also release the security for this version as well

You've to read it compeletly / watch the video...

(... )even though this version after the release of 8.1, is not really maintained anymore when it comes to bug fixes, SECURITY FIXES and so on"

This was the first red flag...

The second:

"if you want to make sure that you are receiving all the security fixes (...), make sure to upgrade to Prestashop 8.1"