Can't save changes to products (PS v1.7.6.9)

mk2-pronat

Thank you for your reply. I activated debug mode, and when i try to recreate the problem (save a change to products) it crashed the whole website. I can't access it anymore with chrome. It works with Firefox. I keep seeing this 403 forbidden access for some reason, could it be from the server side of things. The thing is that not all the products are affected and everything works fine if i just create a new product.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 080342.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am adding some information for future reference about this problem.

I've reached out to other forums and developers to better understand what was happening. It seems that the product tokens are not being validated for some products. 

In PrestaShop, when you perform actions like saving a product, the application generates a CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) token, it is for security reasons. A CSRF token is a unique value generated for a specific action (e.g., saving a product) and is tied to the user's session. When the action is performed, the server checks if the token matches the expected value for that action, enhancing security. I will not go into this because i have limited knowledge and wouldn't want to misinform, i am just forwarding what i was told.

In my case, the developer told me that this happens when you import products to the database and the solution was to regenerate the database. I don't know how this is done, but now it works, so in the future if someone has similar problems you might want to look into it from this angle. 

Good luck.