Curing Price Variant Issues in Prestashop 8.1 Linked to Multilingual Setup

luong truong tho

I'm using Prestashop 8.1, and I'm encountering an issue where the price of product variants doesn't change when selecting product options like size. I've investigated and found that this issue is due to me adding a second language to the website. When I removed the second language, the product variants started to change the price normally when selecting options. I tested it on the default interface as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Clear the cache whenever you make any changes in the configuration and then check the functionality if it works.

Make sure that you have properly configured the translations for your second language. Verify that all necessary fields, including product names, descriptions, and prices, have been translated.

Check that you have correctly associated product variants with the specific attribute combinations (e.g., size, color) and that you have set the correct prices for each combination.

Thanks!

It sounds like you've identified that the issue with product variant prices not updating when selecting options in PrestaShop 8.1 is related to the addition of a second language to your website. This issue may be caused by a few factors:

Translation of Product Options: When you add a second language to your website, you need to ensure that all product options and their variants are properly translated. Make sure that the names and descriptions of the options are correctly entered in both languages. If there's a mismatch in the translations, it can cause issues with the pricing display.

Currency Configuration: Check if the currency settings for the second language are configured correctly. Ensure that the currency associated with the second language is set up properly and linked to the products and their variants.

Theme/Template Compatibility: Sometimes, themes or templates may not be fully compatible with multiple languages, leading to display issues. Ensure that your theme is compatible with multilingual websites and that it's up-to-date. If not, consider reaching out to the theme developer for support or updates.

Module or Plugin Interference: If you're using any third-party modules or plugins that affect product display and pricing, ensure that they are compatible with multiple languages and that they're properly configured for both languages.

Caching: Caching can sometimes cause display issues. Clear your website's cache and try again to see if the problem persists.

PrestaShop Version: Ensure that you're using a version of PrestaShop that is compatible with multilingual functionality. If you're using an outdated version, consider updating to the latest release.

Database Integrity: Check the integrity of your product and variant data in the database, especially when working with multiple languages. Ensure that the database entries are correct for both languages.

If the issue still persists after checking these factors, you may want to consider seeking assistance from the PrestaShop community or a developer experienced with PrestaShop. They can help you diagnose and resolve the specific issue you're facing with product variant pricing in a multilingual setup.